C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Radio won't turn off automatically

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 11:55 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
The door switch you're looking for is on the front of the door opening between the hinges:

The switch on the rear edge of the door only operates the DOOR AJAR light.
only on 89-older

90-later don't have the switch in your picture, just the one at the back of the door
Old 02-18-2019, 12:28 PM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Vacation
Help, my radio will not turn on orange wire not getting power to aftermarket radio. Also the window is not getting power as well. I believe this problem is related. 1993 corvette. thanks
Can you post up the radio make and model?
Normally the orange wire is there to dim the radio lights when dash lights are turned on so it only has power when parking lights are on. The Yellow will need constant 12v and red ignition switched. This is based on the industry standards for assigning wire colors on aftermarket stereos. Of course it's not mandated, but I haven't seen a different color pattern for power or speakers in quite a while.

If the radio is tied into the factory wiring harness you may have a blown 10 amp radio fuse in the fuse box on the passengers end of the dash.

Quick Reply: Radio won't turn off automatically