C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Can anyone help me about crossfire injection

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:05 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by k9kohl
What coupeguy said lol
If you haven't caught on yet, the Crossfire is a very durable, reliable, first gen EFI system. It needs no special efforts or tricks to keep it running strong. Like the Eveready bunny, it just keeps on going, and going, and... Everything below the intake manifold is old school, tried and true, SBC.

RACE ON!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:12 PM
alcali
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by k9kohl
I heard the crossfire engine is not a good one. Can someone please give me some info on what to do to make it last longer? I was told there was something you can do to keep it running longer.
My 84 crossfire has 315000 miles and appears to be running strong, seems like a good engine to me
Old 03-08-2016, 09:03 PM
jose7740
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Crossfire is the best
Old 03-16-2016, 08:55 AM
84XfireAuto
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a relatively new CFI Vette owner, I too was misled by the "CFI SUX - WORSE VET EVA" crowd.
I didn't even want to buy my '84 Vette, but it was affordable, and in dire need of a good home. So like that ugly puppy in the pet store window, I felt bad for it, and took it home.

What I soon realized was 99% of the bullsh*t about the CFI is just that, BS!

My car has 120k miles, is 99% original, and has more than enough power to get me in to trouble with law enforcement, if I chose to go that route.

My advice to you OP, is to keep up with maintenance, especially oil changes, and enjoy your car. With minimal care it will give you a ton of pleasurable miles.

Dont worry about the "YOUR VET SUXX" crowd.
I'd bet none of them are driving a Vette, but you are.

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me about crossfire injection