C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Let the Fun begin! 92 383 LT4, Vortech Ysi trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:01 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Let the Fun begin! 92 383 LT4, Vortech Ysi trim

Hi guys. I'm going to be spending a ton more time on this forum so I figured I'd let people know what I'm up to. Today I purchased the GP1 and Burn1 off Moates.net so that I can get my 92 tuned. Currently there is a chip in it that gets it to work with the 38 lb injectors, but those will be going and so I'll need to get a chip to handle the new 60's I'm going to be buying.

I will be tuning the car using tunerpro rt. I will be datalogging using tts datamaster. I'll also be buying a wideband in the near future to help with the tuning.

This is a new area to me so it should be interesting!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 PM
jimmers
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with it! I just got my engine rebuilt and i'm trying to tune it. It isn't easy but I think i'm gettin there!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:02 PM
scranage
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qwiketz
Hi guys. I'm going to be spending a ton more time on this forum so I figured I'd let people know what I'm up to. Today I purchased the GP1 and Burn1 off Moates.net so that I can get my 92 tuned. Currently there is a chip in it that gets it to work with the 38 lb injectors, but those will be going and so I'll need to get a chip to handle the new 60's I'm going to be buying.

I will be tuning the car using tunerpro rt. I will be datalogging using tts datamaster. I'll also be buying a wideband in the near future to help with the tuning.

This is a new area to me so it should be interesting!

92/93 Corvette has a $DA2 bin, and I don't think you will find a definition file for TunerPro for that bin. I gave up on it and went to TunerCAT for my 92. Maybe things have changed since I last looked???
Old 07-23-2007, 12:59 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

I'm not sure if things changed but that's what craig moates suggested. I emailed him so I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:26 PM
scranage
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked the moates site and they now have a DA2 definition.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:02 PM
SBNova
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there's a definition for TunerProRT, then just skip using datamaster. If you load your bin in TunerPro, and scan/log or even play-back a scan or log it will highlight the cells you are operating in for each table your attempting to modify. Its called data tracing, and it can be helpful when your new at tuning.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:42 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

cool. thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance to check out the programs yet; it'll be fun to check them out later this week.

Get notified of new replies

To Let the Fun begin! 92 383 LT4, Vortech Ysi trim

Quick Reply: Let the Fun begin! 92 383 LT4, Vortech Ysi trim