C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anyone use a exhaust cut out, electric or otherwise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:14 AM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Anyone use a exhaust cut out, electric or otherwise?

Hi guys. Currently I have a b&b exhaust on my car. While it looks good, it's not quite my preference. It was installed by a shop for the prior owner of the car. In addition, since it wasn't installed correctly the first time, it's falling apart(the mufflers).

II'm currently thinking of going two different ways. Number one would be to cut out the mufflers entirely and just run cats. Number two would be to run mufflers and run an exhaust cut out from QTP. They're the electric cut outs. I'd run one on the h pipe.

My question is this: Where are you guys running your cut outs since the exhaust is so crammed into the tunnel? I'm kind of leaning toward this since the car has a hot cam in it and may be a little too loud for my neighborhood although the exhaust is quiet compared to the blower.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:40 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

About 1 or 2 years ago, someone posted pictures of cut outs they had set up. The way it was done was the pipes going into the muffliers were y'ed and the cutouts were added there. Then, they ran pipes out from the cutouts to the rear right beside the mufflers. It looked nice. I tried to find a link to them, maybe someone else will remember and post a link.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:33 PM
BlackC6LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forum Member Ralph has an 85 with an LT1 exhaust that has the cutouts in the back. Don't remember exactly, but I think they dump as soon as the pipes bend in the rear to go to the mufflers.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:41 AM
carriker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have these cutouts on the stock catback. It's home made, but might give you some ideas.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:26 AM
96lt4c4
Pro

wurd!
Old 08-05-2007, 01:30 PM
ericcer
Drifting

I have LT headers, no cats, 3" duals, magnoflw center muffler (x-pipe inside) with no resonance issues unless I open up the pipes all the way and that is really not that bad because I have my tailpipes so long.

I would recommend this guy for your cutout choice. He makes some very high quality e-cutouts.

http://www.dmhperformance.com/

Last edited by ericcer; 08-05-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:01 AM
GT40_GearHead
Racer

dude that is one hell of'a setup !!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use a exhaust cut out, electric or otherwise?

Quick Reply: Anyone use a exhaust cut out, electric or otherwise?