C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

FYI exhaust info.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:44 PM
staugur
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FYI exhaust info.

Just redid my exhaust.I had two 3" pipes from the headers to a couple of Borlas ,no cats or anything.It wasn't excessively loud but had a bit of a snarl to it when you stood on it.Anyway just dropped in a 3" X-box as close to the collectors as I could get it.Amazing difference.Got a nice rumble all through the range,quieter all round and I swear I've picked up some power low down.Also managed to re-route the tail pipes around the diff and set them higher so I've been able to drop the rear without grounding all the time.All in all a good $75 job. Lost a lot of resonance as well.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:42 PM
GS4-LT1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, so are you saying that the X pipe is what made the biggest difference? Wondering because I want to put a Magnaflow 2.5 X pipe on mine. You really did for sure feel a difference though?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
staugur
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely.For some reason the car feels smoother and from my investigations some of the top tuners agree that a balance pipe close to the headers will increase low RPM torque.I suppose you would have to run back to back dyno runs to confirm this but I'm a believer.Even if it's I still think it's an improvement.

Get notified of new replies

To FYI exhaust info.

Quick Reply: FYI exhaust info.