C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Intermitent Dash Problems after Trailering Car

Old 08-22-2007, 09:12 AM
tachout
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intermitent Dash Problems after Trailering Car

I just had to move from Visalia California, to Salt Lake City Utah, so I trailered my 90 Corvette. Before I moved, my dash worked just find. No problems to note. Now that I have it here and unloaded, my dash does not seem to be getting info at times, and when it does show any signs of life, it sometimes sticks. Bad thing here is my speedo does not show and neither does my Gas Gauge. Is there something that may have come loose from vibrations, or did something get damaged in the move? Is there something bad that needs replaced now. The car only has around 75000 miles on it, and other than the typical rubber issues, and a few squeeks and rattles, she is mechanically in pretty good shape. Want to get this fixed fast if possible.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Vetracr
Pro

It possible you messed up some ground wires tieing the car down on the trailer. Check the ground connection junction to the frame in front and to the right of the gas tank. Good luck.

Larry
Old 08-22-2007, 11:13 AM
tachout
Racer

Thanks I will check that tonight when I get home.

Get notified of new replies

To Intermitent Dash Problems after Trailering Car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intermitent Dash Problems after Trailering Car