C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

My New Dewitt's Radiator Is Here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
billybonesmusic
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Dewitt's Radiator Is Here!

AWESOME!........thats the only way to describe it, nice work of art., hate to cover it with the shroud! came super fast! after studying it, doesn't look any fittment issues what so ever. it's the C-4 for the '84, anyone have any "kewl" installation tips? or "extra's" you guys have done in this area?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
TM-Z06
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They are a thing of beauty aren't they? It's a shame it has to be covered completely by the shroud.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:10 PM
billybonesmusic
Pro

yep....it's pretty sad though when a radiator gives you a chubby, :o
must be gettin' old!
Old 08-22-2007, 02:09 PM
blade83
Instructor

I love plugging Dewitts, had one on my C3 and Yep, Work of art to be sure made the rest of the engine bay look bad..

Fantastic quality, was a direct fit, and arrived Very promptly (great to say I live in Australia) I believe there was additional unexpected shipping charges that I wasn't even told about until it arrived because Tom paid them for me Now thats customer service!

when I finally get my C4 I wont hesitate to get another
Old 08-22-2007, 02:20 PM
senorv47
Pro

Default RE: Dewitts Radiators

When I saw this post I had to go out to the Dewitts site an take a look and I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye
Old 08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by billybonesmusic
AWESOME!........thats the only way to describe it, nice work of art., hate to cover it with the shroud! came super fast! after studying it, doesn't look any fittment issues what so ever. it's the C-4 for the '84, anyone have any "kewl" installation tips? or "extra's" you guys have done in this area?
....how does it compare to the cooling capabilities of a NEW and stock radiator?....any figures in support known?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:56 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Mail Man
....how does it compare to the cooling capabilities of a NEW and stock radiator?....any figures in support known?
As strongly as I tout the stock radiator, for most all DD applications, the stocker doesn't hold a candle to the DeWitt radiator. The DeWitt has at least double the tube and fin capacity. Even without seeing a graph or numerical comparisons, it is a no brainer. The DeWitt radiator should have the capacity to move double the BTUs of the stock rad. They aren't cheap, and more people buy them than really need them, (good for Tom). A little care and maintenance of the cooling system can really help out the stocker. But the quality and effectiveness of Tom Dewitt's radiator cannot be beat.

RACE ON!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CFI-EFI
As strongly as I tout the stock radiator, for most all DD applications, the stocker doesn't hold a candle to the DeWitt radiator. The DeWitt has at least double the tube and fin capacity. Even without seeing a graph or numerical comparisons, it is a no brainer. The DeWitt radiator should have the capacity to move double the BTUs of the stock rad. They aren't cheap, and more people buy them than really need them, (good for Tom). A little care and maintenance of the cooling system can really help out the stocker. But the quality and effectiveness of Tom Dewitt's radiator cannot be beat.

RACE ON!!!
..i am affraid to ask the cost!......i have never seen a dewitts before. i have read that some people had some installation "anomalies"..are not they a direct fit?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

The stock temps are a few degrees lower on an LT1 with a 180 stat.It takes a longer time to heat up in traffic than the stock rad.The trans temp is cooler and the cool down is much faster than the stock rad.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:28 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Originally Posted by Da Mail Man
..i am affraid to ask the cost!......i have never seen a dewitts before. i have read that some people had some installation "anomalies"..are not they a direct fit?
They ARE a direct fit in the C4s. I believe that once, there were instructions on how to trim the rubber cushion for the 1984 - 1989 installations. Now, I understand they come with a trimmed cushion. I think on the 1990 - 1996 there maybe an adjustment that has to be made at installation. See the DeWitts web site for more info. They are in the $500.00 range.

RACE ON!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

They ARE a direct fit in the C4s. I believe that once, there were instructions on how to trim the rubber cushion for the 1984 - 1989 installations. Now, I understand they come with a trimmed cushion. I think on the 1990 - 1996 there maybe an adjustment that has to be made at installation. See the DeWitts web site for more info. They are in the $500.00 range.

RACE ON!!!
......a-ok......thanks for the info.......beyond what i would spend for a radiator though.....
Old 08-22-2007, 04:37 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

If you need it, you can't beat it. Luckily for me, the stocker is as good as it is. For those, with totally outragous engines, and the "Nothing's Too Good For My Baby" crowd, it is a godsend.

RACE ON!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:37 PM
89 Bob L
Burning Brakes

Nice radiator, $500.00???????
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

RACE ON!!!
They very recently modified the rad. for 95 and I think 96-no more trimming the shrouds they supply 1/8 inch spacer plates.This is a direct fit with the plates
Old 08-22-2007, 07:36 PM
InHot
Instructor

They are a thing of beauty! I haven't installed my A90M yet. I may just hang it on the wall so I can see it every day.

Get notified of new replies

To My New Dewitt's Radiator Is Here!

Quick Reply: My New Dewitt's Radiator Is Here!