C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Dash Cluster Is Too Bright All The Time!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

.....It is not the dash cluster as we all know it...It is the polarization film that covers the display panels that are all
sun-bleached, age-bleached out....

.....Proof of this is in a previous post where a "poster" indicated that he had/has to where polarized glasses to view the display to make out the numeric items....

....I myself have this problem and ordered and received the parts to fix this (under $70) and will do so after i get my wiper issue fixed...Sure beats replacing the dash cluster!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:16 AM
raymos
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the repair from www.batee.com and am very happy with the results. I also did the halogen bulb replacement with Xenon, which are said to be brighter and less hot.

So far all is good. Took me about 4 hours from start to finish, taking my time. I ended up with a couple very small bubbles but not noticeable when driving.

The hardest part is getting the panel out and back in again. Easier if the steering wheel is not installed but do-able. Just have to push the top of the dash up and work it in. Re-connecting it was probably the most difficult part - you have to have the center panel cover off to help get to the plugs.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by raymos
I did the repair from www.batee.com and am very happy with the results. I also did the halogen bulb replacement with Xenon, which are said to be brighter and less hot.

So far all is good. Took me about 4 hours from start to finish, taking my time. I ended up with a couple very small bubbles but not noticeable when driving.

The hardest part is getting the panel out and back in again. Easier if the steering wheel is not installed but do-able. Just have to push the top of the dash up and work it in. Re-connecting it was probably the most difficult part - you have to have the center panel cover off to help get to the plugs.
################################

A while back i did change the bulbs in the cluster and attempted to see if i could detach the power plug attached to the dash cluster...it was damned tough so, i did not proceed with it...i also do not want to detach the top of the dash when it comes time to do the cluster!,,,ugh!

Quick Reply: Dash Cluster Is Too Bright All The Time!