C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

meth injection and high altitude

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
lead foot 85 vet
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meth injection and high altitude

Went on a corvette run from SLC UT. to jackson hole wy...........54 vetts....way fun.......anyway, up logan canyon were @ about 6500 elevation and coming up on a semi..........my turn comes to pass...........my personal fav........passing anything......temp is about 70...hit it and bog, run, bog, run, and so on.........I'm thinking........wtf.....and then it hit me the meth injection is doing it........stopped and unhooked the system and then found out c-6's are delicious.........anyway a heads up it your hitting the mountains..........I unhook it this time of year anyway.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:42 PM
GT40_GearHead
Racer

but why would it couse something like this ?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Trog
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

does seem odd to me as well. How is your injection system controlled? Only under boost I assume. Do you also have an air to air IC to control heat with your injection system off line?

would a smaller flow nozzle be a better solution?

Last edited by Trog; 09-17-2007 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:40 AM
BAM92
Safety Car

Too much meth and not enough air?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM
lead foot 85 vet
Drifting

At high altitude your going to run richer with the meth injection (thin air)....with any car.........I'm tuned on the rich side anyway and am using the meth in place of a intercooler........the meth injection system was flooding me out....no spark........it runs fine in the high summer heat at lower elevations......I could install a smaller nozzle but with winter coming on I don't need it.....I was just trying to make the point that traveling with the system, even in the summer you might see the same results at hight elevations..........it turned into it's monster self after I unplugged the snow system controler..........and I think I will go smaller on the nozzle for next summer...........just a heads up guys

Get notified of new replies

To meth injection and high altitude

Quick Reply: meth injection and high altitude