C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Follow up to my half-shaft debate...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 12:27 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Default Follow up to my half-shaft debate...

for those of you wondering...i had to change a half-shaft on weds this week for it was damaged and totally blocked off the u-joint...so I bought one out of NY from Not Just Vettes....he sent me a 1996 shaft...and it did look slightly different...the welds were thicker...and my brother swears it weighed slightly more....but it was installed anyway.....

well...i took it for a test drive....and I don't know...I think it was more psychological then anything....at first I thought i felt a vibration at like 70 or so...then brought it up to 100 and then over.....the vibrations came and went....keep in my I have been driving my -smooth as can be- sunbird...and the vettes suspension is a lot more stiff, especially in the winter time when it is cold.....

so I took it out again last night...and I think I am fine.....only thing I need to do now is in the spring...the brake upgrade package...(18carfan please don't go anywhere, lol)....and my exhaust....and most importantly my torque converter......

[Modified by XtremeVette, 10:28 AM 11/9/2001]

Quick Reply: Follow up to my half-shaft debate...