C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Someone Help! I'm Losing Interest in My Project...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 01:20 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Someone Help! I'm Losing Interest in My Project...

I've been buying parts and working on this Procharged 383 LT4 for quite a while now and never thought I would not have it finished by now. It seems like every time I start working on it, I find something else that I need to upgrade. At this point, I am just losing motivation to spend all of my free time working towards an finished project that I don't know is something that I want anymore. Anyone been there?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Brand-X
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I know the feeling! It has been three years that I've been trying to dial-in my car and everytime I think I'm close, I find something else that needs to be done. Last year I bought my wife an '03 Cobra w/mods for her 40th birthday. I'm actually having more fun with it than the vette. Now I want to sell the vette and Cobra and buy a GT500. I never thought I would leave the bowtie for a Ford but they're getting +800 rwhp with a Kenne Bell kit on those things w/o getting into the engine and they are a lot of fun to drive, too! If I was in a 12-step program, I'd be calling my sponsor about my blue oval urges. I'm not helping, am I? Hang in there! There are few things that feel like a big HP vette at peak torque!!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:39 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Dave,

I have had the same problem from time to time. My best advice is to let the project sit for a few months and then come back at it full blast. Luckily I live up north and I pretty much don't do anything with the car all winter, then come March I start ordering parts and get them installed before the snow it gone.

Right now I'm still stuck with a blown engine and I've decided to let the thing sit until I can fix it this winter. I bought myself a motorcycle for the mean time to play with.

Once winter starts rolling around I'll get around to sending out my pipes that I want to get coated and then let them sit until spring. Sometimes we all need a break and work on other stuff.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:43 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I was there....

My 90 blew up, I picked up a Z06 for daily driving. After reading all the fun stuff in C5 FI I wanted to mod that car since I am driving it.
after looking at the prices... I can get my l-98 car running again strong... but there is a long road ahead of me.

The other half of the problem is I am in a state of limbo with this house I want to purchase, (already family owned) so my car is in one place and I am living in another. it has beent his way for 3 years now I think.

Once I can get the car in the garage of the new house, I think I will be set and start going to town on it. but for a very long time, I have not been able to touch it and it is half way torn down. I have boxes and boxes of parts to throw at it still.... kind of depressing.

I think I might have the Z06 payed off before this whole issue is resolved. in the mean time I pick up little bits of parts here and there. one huge issues was a fuel system. next is what new engine to build. I want to build a 406 on 2 huge turbos. but I currently have 2 smaller turbos and I was thinking just do a 383 or salvage my 355.

the other issue I am going to have is dealing with this damn FAST system. I dont have a harness, need to send it back to be modded to work on a l-98. My msd's (2 of them) capped out on me.... and the list goes on and on now that I am actually starting to remember where I was at on this project, up **** creek.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:18 PM
TONYDEE64
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everyone goes throgh this... I started my project I guess four years ago... I do drive my car, but it isn't prefectly dialed in. You have to at least tolerate working on these cars or get out... When I get tired of it, I let it set. I bought a modded 383 96 Trans Am about a year ago to drive back and forth to work. I LOVE that car and sadly have had more fun with it than my Vette...and it even it even has rom for the family on occassion. Hang in there Dave!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a heavily mods supercharged/turbocharged C4 required a lot of times, patience and $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get it run the way you want it. But when it done dialed in you will love the hp gain. Took me 3+ yrs for my car and still not dial in and I sold it. For a short time I did enjoy the rush ride during street tuning it of the car.

Some day I will be back with a C5 and turbo it. That what I have in mind.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:53 AM
0EPP
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hang in there, it will be worth the effort in the end! Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Someone Help! I'm Losing Interest in My Project...

Quick Reply: Someone Help! I'm Losing Interest in My Project...