C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HELP! Power sport seat removal, how?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 10:42 PM
boonie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Power sport seat removal, how?

My passenger side power seat in my 91 is stuck and i need to remove the seat to see what's prevent the seat from moving forward but i need to remove the seat 1st and i can't find and information to help me complete this seat removal, do any of you forum members have any idea how i can remove my seat?
thanks boonie
Old 09-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right in the middle of the very front of your seat bottom (at the bottom), you'll find a spring clip which holds the bottom in place. Pry that off and your seat bottom will just pull out.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:04 AM
93*Corvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-16-2007, 12:48 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

The problem with the seat is that the gear assembly does not work properly. I have had these apart and what happens is the bearing supports break and it lets the gears separate and not mesh. The gears itself do not go bad. So they click and not move.

I have done internal repairs on them but it usually does not hold up. I ended up replacing the entire assembly on the driver side, and did some what of a repair on the passenger side. I wanted the driver side to be perfect.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:17 AM
93*Corvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember that both seat tracks are the same part number. If your passenger side works good and the drivers side doesn't, then swap them.
I think you can then manually move the broken (passenger side) in the full back position and leave it that way. It only the drivers side that really needs to be adjustable.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP! Power sport seat removal, how?

Quick Reply: HELP! Power sport seat removal, how?