C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Easy way to remove front Fog/signal lamps???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Skruffy
Advanced

Location: Ontario. 85, 523cid BBC ,C4-ZR2,Z51, DRippie's actual '87 SCCA Fox RShox, ZF6, HoosierR6, Plated.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Easy way to remove front Fog/signal lamps???

Is anyone familiar with the "easy" way to get the front fog/signal lamp assemblies out?

Thanks in advance for your info.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Atok
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There's no easy way. The only way I know of is to remove the front bumper cover. It'll take a few hours but it's not that difficult.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:46 PM
neat
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You don't say what year you are working on, so this advice may not be applicable.

If all you want to do is change the lamp, on my 1991 there is an access door on the bottom of bumper cover. If you are looking to change the entire fixture, I've never tried to do that through the access door, but it might be possible.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Damien89
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's for the 85, i changed the fog lamp on my dad's 89 in a 1/2 hour. The fog lamp bulb is acceseble from the rear of the assembly from the engine comp. But you have to make your way through a couple of wires if i remember correctly.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:26 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Atok
There's no easy way. The only way I know of is to remove the front bumper cover. It'll take a few hours but it's not that difficult.
Remove the front bumper cover. Lots of small screw and nuts but once that is off, you have access to the assemblies.

FWIW, the assembly is one piece. The lenses are glued to the housings.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Jonnymac
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Atok
It's easy to remove with a small explosive device or you could tie a chain around it and a tree and let that 468 do the work. And I have to add, you must have the best sounding C4. any chance of a vid.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Skruffy
Advanced

Location: Ontario. 85, 523cid BBC ,C4-ZR2,Z51, DRippie's actual '87 SCCA Fox RShox, ZF6, HoosierR6, Plated.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonnymac
It's easy to remove with a small explosive device or you could tie a chain around it and a tree and let that 468 do the work. And I have to add, you must have the best sounding C4. any chance of a vid.
Sorry, I wish there was but I find myself driving and unable to film at same time.. just tryin' ta' hang on .... drives around Ferraris on the track though.

Seriously, it's only got some pipe and a set of Flowmasters, so when I pull into cruise night, Women hide and dogs tremble .....

Another forum member posted photos of this thing for me in the thread "Best mods you ever did to your C-4" ( or something like that) a few weeks back.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Jonnymac
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

It is a bad a$$ Vette

Get notified of new replies

To Easy way to remove front Fog/signal lamps???

Quick Reply: Easy way to remove front Fog/signal lamps???