C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Any interest on a GP for Titan Sportsman Oil Pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:43 PM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 399 Likes on 262 Posts

Default Any interest on a GP for Titan Sportsman Oil Pumps?

Before I get too far into this i want you guys to know the background:

My Dads shop hasn't fooled with any wet sump motors in a couple of years so we really haven't worried about wet sump technology until... well until I decided to build a motor for my 92.

I have to admit I was caught off guard by all the problems with Mellings new imported junk. So was our oil pan fabricator Larry Pankretz of Competition Componets in Clearwater Kansas.

So, with all the oil pump problems going around lately, I called around looking for something better for my new engine. I talked to some of the other shops we are friendly with and they all said Titan Engineering made some nice pumps and had a "mid priced" sportsman version. I did some more research even personally examined one of their pumps for a BB Ford at another shop and was very impressed with what I saw. I contacted Titan today about the pumps, seems if I buy (1) it cost $435.00 each (racer net). If I buy (3) they only cost me $275.00 each (jobber).

I thought this would be a good deal for some Corvette Formers (and me of course). If I can get at least (2) more people interested in one of these pumps, and willing to make a commitment to buy one, I will foot the bill for all (out of my own pocket). Once they arrive at the shop I will sell them to those who make a commitment to buy at the stated jobber price of $275.00+shipping.

Lead time is currently 2 weeks. They have quite a few different cap heights for different depth pans. I will get into that once I see if there is enough interest in me buying more than one.

As stated we do not build very many wet sump motors anymore and this is probally a one time deal for us. Reguardless I plan to buy one no matter the cost, but it would be nice to get one almost half off (nice for you guys too).

Please reply-post here if interested.
Will

Quick Reply: Any interest on a GP for Titan Sportsman Oil Pumps?