C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

anyone know how to fix this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 12:14 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rolando4812
using a fused jumper wire". how do i do this and can i get a jumper wire at auto zone or pep boys? thanks guys
A "jumper wire" is any piece of wire that you use to jump from one electrical terminal to another. A "fused jumper wire" would be a piece of wire with a fuse holder with a fuse, installed in line in the piece of wire.

"how do i do this" Hold one end of your "jumper wire" to one terminal while you touch the other end to the other terminal.

RACE ON!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 03:10 PM
rolando4812
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks cfi. how do i know when its 12 volts?
Old 10-13-2007, 03:16 PM
black85
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Just use a paper clip. I have only ever used a paper clip, and don't know why you would need anything else unless you need a test light (i.e.converter lock up).

My '85 is always faster when cold too. I think it is because it is running so rich. My theory-- These cars love that. When the computer goes into closed loop, it leans out the mix to stoich. It does it for emissions.

I don't have any codes either.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:16 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

in the 3rd box it says "jumper alcl terminal 'g' to 12 volts using a fused jumper wire". how do i do this and can i get a jumper wire at auto zone or pep boys? thanks guys
Edit:

Misread the post. Just use a long peice of wire from the battery positive lead to terminal G. You can run it through the window. That's what I do.

Last edited by 86PACER; 10-13-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:51 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

thanks cfi. how do i know when its 12 volts?

Put one end of your "fused jumper wire" to a known 12 volt source. The battery is often used. If you have any doubt as to whether a source is 12 volts, check it with your DVOM.

Originally Posted by black85
Just use a paper clip. I have only ever used a paper clip, and don't know why you would need anything else unless you need a test light (i.e.converter lock up).
Where do you have a 12 volt source that can be reached with a paper clip? Or maybe better yet, where do you find a paper clip that is big enough to each to a 12 volt source?

Originally Posted by black85
When the computer goes into closed loop, it leans out the mix to stoich. It does it for emissions.
When the computer is in closed loop, providing the stoichiometric mixture, you are not pressing very hard on the gas pedal, looking for much power.

RACE ON!!!

Quick Reply: anyone know how to fix this?