C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

MAP questions - Block lean cell and voltage reading.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:15 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default MAP questions - Block lean cell and voltage reading.

I am at the tail end of my '90 dash/wiring/ECU swap (all bone stock components) into my '85 car and today I scanned the car while it was running to see how things looked. I compared the scan data from my scan tool against the table in the FSM and I found a discrepancy I don't fully understand.

Under "Block learn cell" in the FSM it says the value should be 0 or 1 depending on Air flow and RPM. On the scan tool my value at idle was 4

I've been reading up on the "Block learn cell". It looks like it's a table the ECU references and uses to make changes as engine conditions change and input from various sensors change.

I also noticed under "MAP" values the KPa reading was within acceptable limits (normal is 30 to 70 mine was in the 40s).

The Volts reading from the MAP is supposed to be between 1.02 and 1.50 mine was at 1.76.

Given the information above does it look like my MAP is bad or should I look somewhere else?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Quick Reply: MAP questions - Block lean cell and voltage reading.