C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Normally Aspirated 500hp Stroker Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:03 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SonnyinVA
it's happening jake... and the world ain't flat either.
Then, rather than just say it, post it. What's the big secret anyway?

Jake
Old 10-24-2007, 09:09 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 381rider
Amen Sonny!

And since you signed on to that fairy tale, you can post the link of someone making 500 HP and 500 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels with a LT1, normally aspirated.

I'm always willing to learn something new, but you can't urinate in my face and tell me it's raining.

Jake
Old 10-24-2007, 09:11 PM
hexane
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAKE
I'm always willing to learn something new, but you can't urinate in my face and tell me it's raining.
Sounds kind of...............
Old 10-24-2007, 09:21 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

I just read an article of an engine that made 597 TQ and 687 HP at the crank; I think those numbers would get it.

Of course, the heads flowed 368 CFM @ .600, and 395 @ .800, engine was a 466 Ford with custom heads with 310 CC intake ports and it was carbed. Cam was a 256/262 @ .050

Jake
Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 PM
FD2BLK
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

And since you signed on to that fairy tale, you can post the link of someone making 500 HP and 500 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels with a LT1, normally aspirated.

Jake
I posted a link of a over 500RWHP LT1, it was short of 500 on TQ but 22 over on HP.
Not only does that car make the HP it backs it up with the ET's as well
http://www.fast93z.com/mods.php
Here is another 500RWHP LT1
http://www.advancedinduction.com/Abare.html

Last edited by FD2BLK; 10-24-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:53 PM
381rider
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jake,

Here is a link:http://www.advancedinduction.com/Abare.html

In addition, take a quick look at sonny's profile. Back out the spray and he is more than there.

I appreciate the fact that someone has done it. Not urinating or raining on anyone - just happy folks are doing it so we can follow.

Jake
Old 10-24-2007, 09:55 PM
cplonner
Burning Brakes

Jake and I were in this same debate a while ago. There are even more people on this forum that have met these goals, I hope they chime in here soon.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:37 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Well, for one thing, at least he was honest enough to say they were uncorrected numbers.

Where are all the specifics, like heads/head flow, camshaft, CR, etc? How can we determine if this isn't just another pie in the sky post without knowing what he's running. You know, GUYS DO LIE!

Don't get so locked in on proving me wrong that you forget to question what you read. All that glitters is not gold.

Anyway, why are so many willing to argue with me on this? Just show me an LT1, 500/500, N/A, at the wheels and quit all the "close", "If I did . . ." stuff.

Jake
Old 10-24-2007, 10:42 PM
SonnyinVA
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just mentioning today that I am not going to take it upon myself to be the mighty defender of all that is true and just in the LT motors and their potential... and then I responded to Jake anyway... shame on me!! I'll continue to let Jake believe what he wants to. He has the right to be wrong if he wants to. I'll continue to avoid getting into discussions with people that believe Y2K was going to be the end of the world... despite evidence to the contrary... and I'll return to avoiding efforts to change some peoples determinations and perceptions that they already know it all.

Here's an in-car video of my "must be 400hp at the wheels" LT based motor doing 191mph in a standing mile... if anybody cares to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7rSF-HFTEo
Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 AM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Okay, this exchange has gotten out of hand and is beginning to bore me. Although I posted this before, it bears repeating: So this is the last comment I have on it.

KEYNOTE SPEAKER: If you don't know what that is/means I suggest you look it up.

The KEYNOTE speaker for the in-coming class of 2005 at Harvard University gave an oral presentation to the incoming class, parents, family, etc., who were all present in the audience.

I was sitting there (my daughter was in that class) and was surprised at the message he related to the in-coming freshman class.

He said, addressing the in-coming freshman, "If you don't learn anything else in your four years at Harvard, I would hope that you learn to recognize bad and incorrect information when you see it."

Now, stop and think about that for a while before you being typing some contradictory response.

If the KEYNOTE speaker to the in-coming class of 2005 at Harvard thought it important enough to make THAT the topic of his address, wouldn't it make you stop and re-consider any information that you happen to receive that runs contrary to the norm; that which is usual?

The trick is to be smarter today than you were yesterday and smarter tomorrow than you are today.

As I said, I'm through with this topic; I plan to direct my efforts to something more productive and beneficial to others rather this back and forth on how much power a LT1 can make.

Jake

Last edited by JAKE; 10-25-2007 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Add word "who"
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
FD2BLK
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, for one thing, at least he was honest enough to say they were uncorrected numbers.

Where are all the specifics, like heads/head flow, camshaft, CR, etc? How can we determine if this isn't just another pie in the sky post without knowing what he's running. You know, GUYS DO LIE!

Don't get so locked in on proving me wrong that you forget to question what you read. All that glitters is not gold.

Anyway, why are so many willing to argue with me on this? Just show me an LT1, 500/500, N/A, at the wheels and quit all the "close", "If I did . . ." stuff.

Jake
Those are corrected #s he also listed the uncorrected #s and every spec to the motor. I stated I have seen 500HP F-bodys and you asked me to post one I did and now you asked for a 500/500 combo. I stick to my original post because I am correct I have seen 500RWHP F-bodies period and not only do they make the HP they also run the ET's to back it up.

522 rwhp 428 rwtq (no nitrous) Oct 2006
535 rwhp 491 rwtq (no nitrous uncorrected) Oct 2006

Engine

COLA 4340 FORGED 3.875 CRANK
LUNATI BILLET 5.85 LIGHTWEIGHT RODS
WISECO CUSTOM NITROUS PISTONS
SPEEDPRO HELLFIRE NITROUS RINGS
PROGRAM 4-BOLT MAIN SPLAY CAPS
ARP MAIN STUD KIT
CLEVITTE H-BEARINGS (CAM,MAIN,RODS)
COMP CAM DUAL ROLLER TIMING SET
COMP CAMS CUSTOM GRIND ROLLER CAM (PORT PROS SPECS)
CANTON 7 QUART OIL PAN
BLOCK FILLED, LINE HONED, BORED .40-OVER, 0-DECK
AFR 227 LT4 HEADS/ PORTED & POLISHED BY PORT PROS
COMP CAMS ROLLER LIFTERS
COMP CAMS CHROME MOLY PUSHRODS
JESEL SHAFT MOUNT 1.6 ROCKERS
COPPER HEAD GASKETS OL RINGED BLOCK
ARP HEAD STUD KIT
VICTOR "E" MANIFOLD (CONVERTED BY PORT PROS)
PTE 105 DEGREE ELBOW
ACCUFAB 90MM T-BODY
MELLING OIL PUMP
FULLY BALANCED ROTATING ASSY
CUSTOM FABBED ALUMINUM VALVE COVERS
MOROSO 3-VANE VACCUM PUMP
MOROSO CATCH CAN
GRIFFIN RACE RADIATOR
HIGH FLOW COOLING FANS

Exhaust

HEDMAN 1 7/8 STEPPED COMPETITION LONG TUBE HEADERS 3 1/2" COLLECTORS
DYNOMAX BULLET 3 1/2" MUFFLERS
3 1/2" DUAL EXHAUST CUSTOM FABBED BY CHARLES BOURASSA

And Dont forget about Joe O
1.249 60 ft 5.89@115.1 (1/8) 9.36@143.17 (1/4)
Worlds Fastest Naturally aspirated Lt1 on stock suspension!!!!

Last edited by FD2BLK; 10-25-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
SonnyinVA
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crazy thing is that you asked for the info jake, and now you want to continue ignoring it? ok, open your mind, buddy. well, here ya go, Jake. i'll cut and paste for ya since you can't/won't do it yourself. it's my short list spec sheet from my profile. BTW, it doesn't take that much work to get a 4" stroke into these blocks.

925RWHP/855RWTQ 409ci,Comp Cams 254/260@112 solid roller (.660 @1.7, .621 @1.6),Jesel 1.7/1.6 shaft mount rockers,12:1 JE pistons,Lunati pro-mod 4340 5.850" rods,Cola 4340 4" crank,AFR 220 LT4 comp heads 64cc,Meziere,SVO 42# inj,Holley 58mm tb,SPEC stage 3 clutch,11# aluminum flywheel,Jet Hot 1 3/4" s.s. headers,3" s.s. exhaust & x-pipe,Borlas,30mm f & 26mm r sway bars,2qt. elec. Accusump,line lock,Kirkey alum. seats,harnesses,QA1 coil-overs,VB&P rotors,halon system,300 shot,chute,full cage

ok, now... this isn't the Shroud of Turin issue... and if you don't know what the Shroud is, "look it up"... here, i'll help. it's good reading.http://www.shroudstory.com/
http://www.shroud.com/

ok, it isn't going to take centuries and the development of more science and technology to find supportive data and proof... the LT power that you are asking about is proven and does exist, and is fairly easily obtainable.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:01 PM
wayneinvirginia
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I live near Sonny and I have seen his car in person. It can be street driven. And he is not blowing smoke when he states his performance numbers. His car is the real deal.

As proof to the fact that his car is street driven take a look at this thread

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...highlight=kart

post #7

where you can see pictures of Sonny's car at a recent event. Where I personally followed his car out of the parking lot heading down town for dinner.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:40 PM
wayne lowry
Melting Slicks

A couple of things

1. 400rwhp is enough for most barely sane people as a STOCK LT1 puts down 250-270
2. A 500rwhp stroker LT1= NO PROBLEM all it takes is money

Quick Reply: Normally Aspirated 500hp Stroker Possible?