C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How would you put a LT 1 into a 1983 crossfire?

Old 11-24-2001, 03:21 AM
HWoods
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How would you put a LT 1 into a 1983 crossfire? (HWoods)

It is a Cross Fire/LT4 Swap. the article is in Corvette Fever Oct 96 issue. I can't get the link to open up though. If you do some searching you should be able to find it. I would think the guys at Fuel Injection Specialties in San Antonio or Az Speed and Marine, or SLP should be able to provide info on this swap. There is a forum member in Houston that has an LT1 in a 80 or 81 Vette. Install looks factory.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:25 PM
MVR 155
CF Senior Member

Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Default Re: How would you put a LT 1 into a 1983 crossfire? (HWoods)

Your best bet would be to find a junkyard car that has all of the electronics in tact, Im pretty sure you will need the newer style dash board/guages since it all works together with the BCM/PCM. If you get the entire harness, dash, and engine managment devices it should be a fairly easy swap.

Good Luck

Mike
Old 11-24-2001, 01:00 PM
KLLRVET
CF Senior Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: How would you put a LT 1 into a 1983 crossfire? (4deatr)

I am sure it is possible, and I am also sure it will cost you a fortune. There is a shop in Florida that has done this sort of conversion, so they may be able to help. The shop is called "Corvette Clinic", they are in Sanford Florida. I do not have their number, but call information and I sure you can find it.

I was wondering why you would want to do this swap? It would really wind up being cheaper to just buy a 1992 Corvette than it would be to do this, unless you are able to do it yourself. Even then it will be a LOT of work.
Tony
Old 11-24-2001, 01:07 PM
GRX
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How would you put a LT 1 into a 1983 crossfire? (4deatr)

Major hurdle would be the computer. Get the proper harness and adapt the car to accomodate it. :blueangel: :reddevil

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How would you put a LT 1 into a 1983 crossfire?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: