C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Installed my MSD Digital 6+

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 11:39 PM
Bob86ZZ4
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Installed my MSD Digital 6+

Got it in without any problems. You do not need any extra wiring harnesses, at least on my car with an '86 stock distributor. It is very "plug and play." I got a piece of aluminum and cut it slightly larger than the msd box. The Digital 6+ comes with the anti vibration rubber mounts also. So I drilled the holes in the aluminum plate, and mounted the unit to that plate. I glued a piece of thin foam rubber to the bottom of the plate and then glued that to the top of my battery. This was the best place I could find to mount mine. I know others have mounted them under the right headlight. I didn't like that spot. The first drive proved very satisfactory. The engine seems to maybe be a bit smoother on acceleration. I don't know if it has any more powere. I set the rev limiter to 5500 rpms. It kicks in when my factory tac shows 5000. So I think my tach is off. I plan on hooking up an aftermarket tach and see how that reads when it kicks in. I do like the start retard feature. My engine is about 10.5/1 compression and it does seem to start easier. I don't think I'm going to be able to tell if my mileage is any better because it is going to start snowing here soon and I will have to leave the car parked in the garage when that happens.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:49 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Installed my MSD Digital 6+ (Bob86ZZ4)

I like where you put it... I wonder if mine will fit there... hmmm...
Old 11-22-2001, 12:00 AM
Bob86ZZ4
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Installed my MSD Digital 6+ (bogus)

Oh ya, almost forgot. I have no cruise control. I think maybe some cars might not be able to fit there if they have cruise. Or maybe move the cruuis vacuum servo to another spot. My cruise control is usually the floor of the car behind the accelerator, hahahahaa.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed my MSD Digital 6+

Quick Reply: Installed my MSD Digital 6+