C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Did the bypass but my car still runs too hot, how much would Hypertech help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 05:12 AM
Mike92
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did the bypass but my car still runs too hot, how much would Hypertech help?

I went to the track for the first time (with this car) I never baselined it Dead Stock but it's pretty stock. I ran a 13.777 at 101.74mph on the first run with a crappy 2.16 60' foot (left the ASR on), I knew I was supposed to take it off but I forgot. The second run was a 13.774 at 101.2? mph and the third a 13.8? at 101.2?mph. The second and third runs were with ASR off and I got a 2.06 and 2.07 60' foot. (they wet both lanes and you had to go through the water :rolleyes: and I didn't do a burnout because I like my tires :D and their $$$ :crazy: ) Anyway I noticed my car was running slightly worse every run even though the air was getting cooler. Would the Hypertech powerstat and programmer help? Thanks BTW I didn't think my car would run this quick, I thought low 14's but it was in 60 degree air :lol: .

[Modified by Mike92, 3:13 AM 11/22/2001]

[Modified by Mike92, 3:17 AM 11/22/2001]
Old 11-22-2001, 05:39 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Re: Did the bypass but my car still runs too hot, how much would Hypertech help? (Mike92)

Mike,
I have noticed the same thing about mine. My first run is my best. One of my future changes is a chip. It seems that most people on here like Ed Wright chips better then the other brands. Another option would be a manual fan switch. By the way I run ASR "on" most the time. I havnt had much luck trying to launch "consistantly" with it turned off. But I wonder if it hurts when it shifts from 1st to 2nd because it does engage again. Good luck.
Old 11-22-2001, 12:16 PM
rmedina
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Did the bypass but my car still runs too hot, how much would Hypertech help? (Mike92)

Get manual switch for you fan.. My car never goes over 190 and I'm in south Texas.

Later,
Raul
Old 11-22-2001, 04:04 PM
Mike92
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the fans do have alot to do with it, I will be getting either a manual fan switch or the Hypertech soon I guess and flush my radiator and changing the thermostat if I get the Hypertech. The temps were at about 210 degrees at the track. I didn't want to ice the intake because I like to run like I do on the street. Besides I guess having the Hypertech to control my fans would allow me to change gears also
:p: . Thanks
Old 11-23-2001, 12:28 PM
silver & red CE
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the ECT exceeds 180 deg F, the PCM starts making the A/F mixture very rich (less than 10:1 for ECT > 200 deg F) at WOT to prevent engine damage. My fastest run was when my ECT was below 160 deg F at the start of the run.

Eric

Get notified of new replies

To Did the bypass but my car still runs too hot, how much would Hypertech help?

Quick Reply: Did the bypass but my car still runs too hot, how much would Hypertech help?