C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Throttle body bypass for 86 L98, same as LT1? pictures requested?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 09:29 AM
MDC9966
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Throttle body bypass for 86 L98, same as LT1? pictures requested?

I've read the tech article for the LT1 about this. Is it a good mod for the L98? Also, anybody with a digital pic, could you take a pic? I'm pretty sure I understood what needs to be done, but would like to see it. Also, I assume the procedure is the same for an L98 as an LT1.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-22-2001, 09:39 AM
CaneinBatonRouge
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Throttle body bypass for 86 L98, same as LT1? pictures requested? (Curtis629)

Curtis, I don't have any pictures, but instead of joining the two hoses I just bought a single piece of 5/8 (about 2 ft).If you look at the driver's side of the TB you'll see a short L-shaped hose that runs from the TB to the intake manifold, on the passenger side there is another hose that runs from the TB to a "metal" hose. I just ran one solid hose from the Intake Manifold to the "metal" hose. I covered the TB openings with plastic caps(5/8). Your local parts store should have these. I hope this helps, wish I had a digital camera to show you. :flag

Quick Reply: Throttle body bypass for 86 L98, same as LT1? pictures requested?