C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

[4+3]: Heavy Duty Rebuild options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 02:58 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Default [4+3]: Heavy Duty Rebuild options?

Doesn't NEED it, but might as well do it. If I get the engine out of the car this winter at some point, I'd like to have the tranny rebuilt.

Paul at http://www.gearzone.net informs me that they are NO LONGER rebuilding these units and that I should contact Brian at http://www.SKSpeed.com for info.

I recognize the SK name from online quit a bit, and from emails with Ultra Slow. When I call them what should I ask/request for information? I don't want to go 6-speed in the car, so I want this sucker to be built up. What is the most power anybody has seen go through these units?

If possible, can I obtain any HD parts for the Super T-10 unit myself from any vendors? Straight cut gears or anything? My father can rebuild trannies in his sleep thankfully. I may be able to save some $$ by only sending out the OD to be rebuilt.

Thanks! :D
Old 11-23-2001, 05:16 PM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: [4+3]: Heavy Duty Rebuild options? (scorp508)

Is this SK speed the same shop thats in Long Island Ny?If so i heard they do nice work.I went into a SK shop a few years back in NY and the peoples knowledge there was very very good.Just woring if theyre the same dudes.
Btw,didnt David F say one time he can rebuild them?May be a hassle to ship it to GA where he lives I think.

Sorry cant answer any more questions, im clueless when it comes to trannies.
:)
Old 11-23-2001, 09:04 PM
A
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: [4+3]: Heavy Duty Rebuild options? (Bill's86Coupe)

I've talked to Brian at SK Speed before and he's a good guy but have a tape recorder handy cause he talks F A S T!!! :yesnod: That's where I bought the rebuild kit for my ST-10. I believe that they are the only ones who still have any parts for the 4+3 :(

Good gravy Scorp, the 4-speed's pretty durn though... you planning to make more power than a Callaway TT? :eek:
You must have a great dad if he's willing to rebuild your transmission because "Hey, why not?" :lol:
Old 11-23-2001, 09:12 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Good gravy Scorp, the 4-speed's pretty durn though... you planning to make more power than a Callaway TT? :eek:
:D Well, I like the idea of overbuilding. I don't know if I'll make more than a Callaway, but I want to know that it can take it if need be. I plan on adding nitrous to the damn thing also, that is what I am concerned with.

You must have a great dad if he's willing to rebuild your transmission because "Hey, why not?" :lol:
He's great, and believe it or not working on those things destresses him.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:21 PM
A
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (scorp508)

He's great, and believe it or not working on those things destresses him.
Yeah, it distresses me too... oh wait, that's not what you said is it? :D

Get notified of new replies

To [4+3]: Heavy Duty Rebuild options?

Quick Reply: [4+3]: Heavy Duty Rebuild options?