Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light

C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light

Old 11-23-2001, 06:21 PM
MDC9966
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light

I've struggled and with the dreaded code 32 long enough. I've got the ecm out of the car. Does anyone in or near atlanta no how to turn off the egr portion of the prom so I don't get the ses light. I'll drive and meet you and pay a fair agreed upon price. I'd like to do it this weekend if any takers.
Thanks,
post your reply or email me.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:26 PM
MDC9966
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light (Curtis629)

sorry, forgot to mention, my car is an 86, L98, w/Al head.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:46 PM
Rich B.
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light (Curtis629)

I wish I could help you out - I have the newer AARL0122 BIN for the '86 L98 alum head 4+3 (replaced the AMJ0499 BIN), and I can see the EGR diagnostics (Err 32) switch in TunerCat (although I've never disabled one)...

...And I burn chips for my '86...

...But it's a long drive from Buffalo... :(

...Sorry!...
Old 11-23-2001, 09:11 PM
MDC9966
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light (Rich B.)

I don't have an extra chip but would be willing to buy one.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:31 PM
Rich B.
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't have an extra chip but would be willing to buy one.
Then your best bet would be to buy the latest MemCal from 18carfan; try that one out, use it for your spare; send the old one out to be re-programmed; then try it. Give 18carfan the code that's on the long black chip under the blue protective snap-on cover on the memCal. There are 18 separate MemCals/EPROMs for the '86; some manual trans, some auto; some for different rear axle ratios.

The MemCal was ~$34 earlier this year, from 18carfan. The EPROM can be burned on the MemCal.

If I was you, I'd page Marcho Polo and see what he can do for you. I don't think there's anyone here with more experience than he.

My car is a manual trans; I don't have any experience with Vette auto EPROM mods. :nonod:

[Modified by Rich B., 8:41 PM 11/23/2001]
Old 11-25-2001, 07:27 PM
MDC9966
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think I may have figured out the problem today. A bad "new" egr temp switch. I measured volts at C15 while I drove the car. The volts never dropped. When I got home I left the key on and grounded the switch and volts went to zero. According to the trouble shoot it means a bad switch. I just replaced it but who knows. I've got another one on the way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: