C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 headlight wiring diagram needed

Old 12-11-2007, 04:39 PM
keepers15
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 headlight wiring diagram needed

I am having problems with my headlights,lowbeams are very dim (high beams are great) when I check voltage to low beams it is around 11.4 volts and my high beams also have voltage to them (8.9 volts) without high beams being on. Some where I have a short and need a wiring diagram to trace the wiring(chiltons manual is very vague) (dimmer switch was replaced) (light switch was replaced).
Old 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I woud check the grounds and clean the conectors and add dowelcorning 777 so the connectors don't rust out.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

For low beam operation 12 volts from the dimmer switch goes to the tan wire, thru the low beam filament to ground.

For high beam 12 volts from the dimmer switch goes to the light green wire, thru the high beam filament to ground.

Also note when the dimmer switch is in the high beam position, the Central Controll Module (CCM) lights the dash cluster high beam indicator.

Note in the schematic with the letter A inside a arrow symbol.
That goes to the Fog Lamp relay. When head light switch is in Head or Park, the dimmer switch is in the hi beam position 12 volts is placed on the fog lamp relay coil to disable it so the fog lamps are disabled when the high beams are on.

If the the headlight switch is in the Head or Park position, high beams are not on and you turn the fog lamp switch on, the ground for the fog lamp relay coil goes thru the light green wire, thru the high beam filament to ground. The fog lamp relay closes and 12 volts is applied to the fog lamp bulbs.

Last edited by Hooked on Vettes; 12-11-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

You have a poor connection from the black ground wire from the headlight socket to the frame ground. This is why you have 8.9 volts on the high beam with no high beam and a dim low beam. The 8.9 volts is actually on the ground wire. Remove the screw that connects the headlight ground wire to the frame and clean up the connection and replace the screw and/or look at the quality of the connector between the headlight socket and the frame ground screw.

Last edited by jfb; 12-11-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 headlight wiring diagram needed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 headlight wiring diagram needed