Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

Hey Guy's>>>Anyone using the New fan controller from eckler's????

C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hey Guy's>>>Anyone using the New fan controller from eckler's????

Old 11-25-2001, 12:56 AM
24power
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hey Guy's>>>Anyone using the New fan controller from eckler's????

1996>>>>>Was about to purchase a hyper-tech to control the fan's but ran across this in eckler's catalog # 2101, page 144. 1984-02 VHP Constant Monitor Fan Controller for 195.00.>>Anyone using this???Your comment's please and or result's??????Thank's!!!!!!! :cheers:
Old 11-25-2001, 03:32 AM
Jim-K
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey Guy's>>>Anyone using the New fan controller from eckler's???? (24power)

I got the hypertech and it solved the fan problem by just putting the chip in and replacing the thermostat. Positives were the car runs better and it was kinda a no brainer, put the chip in, put the thermostat in. Now i never see greater then 190. (thats going over the pass on the interstate in the middle of summer) Negatives were i burned up my fan. The GM AC delco fans are 100 bux, and the autozone ones are 30. I got the autozone one since i figgured that i can get three autozone fans for one GM fan and would rather go thru them then peaking my motor to 225 deg all the time. I keep a spare in my rear compartment if i'm traveling and its a 1/2 hr job to replace. It's been a real peace of mind not running the car so hot and seeing fumes coming out of the hood anymore. :) $195 seems like a lot of $$, i mean the fan is just a electric fan, and can be controlled like any other after market solution. The switch is about 30 bux a relay is about 10, thermostat is maybe 6?. you could wire someting up to do anything you want.

Jim-K
Old 11-25-2001, 04:57 PM
ZAP
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey Guy's>>>Anyone using the New fan controller from eckler's???? (Jim-K)

Use the chip and replace the aux fan switch in the block with a 170 degree one . Switch costs approx. $7-10 :cheers:
Old 11-25-2001, 05:37 PM
24power
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey Guy's>>>Anyone using the New fan controller from eckler's???? (Jim-K)

96 on up is controlled by the ecm is'nt it ??????gotta have hyper-tech or this????????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey Guy's>>>Anyone using the New fan controller from eckler's????

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: