Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

question for guys running compcams pro-magnum roller rockers

C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

question for guys running compcams pro-magnum roller rockers

Old 11-25-2001, 01:31 AM
89formula
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default question for guys running compcams pro-magnum roller rockers

what kind of valve covers are you guys using? i have a hacked up set of stockers but they leak a little bit. is there an aftermarkey pair that will fit or do i need to grab a set of lt1 corvette covers and trim the insides out? what worked for you?
thanks,
Old 11-25-2001, 01:56 AM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Liked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: question for guys running compcams pro-magnum roller rockers (89formula)

I'm running modified Vette valve covers over my 1.6:1 ProMagnums. Cut the drip tabs down and trim the sides of the bolt bosses.

Assure that both surfaces are clean, install the FelPro PermaSeal dry gaskets and torque the boltsdown in successive stages.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:02 PM
mackeyred96
CF Senior Member

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Default Re: question for guys running compcams pro-magnum roller rockers (89formula)

I'm running the 1.5s and had to do very little cutting.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:23 PM
nickd
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: question for guys running compcams pro-magnum roller rockers (mackeyred96)

I have heard the composite covers (LT1) are good if you are using non-self aligning rockers.
Keeps the rockers a little less noisy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question for guys running compcams pro-magnum roller rockers

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: