C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

has anybody put an mp3 player in with a stock bose system?(c4)

Old 11-25-2001, 11:23 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default has anybody put an mp3 player in with a stock bose system?(c4)

i keep getting people telling me it will work, while others say it will not, so i was looking for some actual proof.

if not, will the cd player and radio work until i can get the new speakers and amp? or do i just need new speakers?

thanks

[Modified by C4Fetish, 9:24 PM 11/25/2001]
Old 11-26-2001, 09:37 AM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: has anybody put an mp3 player in with a stock bose system?(c4) (C4Fetish)

I did in my '93. My Riovolt in the console storage compartment sounds great with a cassette adapter. You can not tell the difference in sound quality between a CD in the Bose and the mp3's, so I see no need for a new head unit. I have the Bose CD/Cassette radio, so I leave the adapter in it all the time and use the CD/Cassette switch to operate the CD. You can route the adapter cord from the cassette hole down under the console bezel so only 1" of cord is visible. I never eject it.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:08 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: has anybody put an mp3 player in with a stock bose system?(c4) (C4Fetish)

Do you mean, can you replace the head unit? If so, this should be proof enough, stock speakers and amp.

There are a few strange wiring things, but nothing major.

Get notified of new replies

To has anybody put an mp3 player in with a stock bose system?(c4)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: has anybody put an mp3 player in with a stock bose system?(c4)