C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Pro Charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 12:04 PM
YellowC4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Charger

Does anyone have on corvette does it make a lot of noise how much hp gain Iam thinking of getting one where is the cheapest place to buy it from

Old 11-26-2001, 12:11 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Pro Charger (YellowC4)

Does anyone have on corvette does it make a lot of noise how much hp gain Iam thinking of getting one where is the cheapest place to buy it from

one word - PUNCTUATION.

that said... I don't have one, but I have heard them on other cars. They are not that loud. With the hood down, they make a minor whining noise... not much more than a kicked in AC compressor... just all the time!

hp... depends. if your Vette is older and has some miles on it, I have read here before it is not a good idea to add one unless you rebuild the bottom end first. If you build the motor to use the most the blower can produced... the skys the limit... expect over 400 tho if you just bolt it on.

cost is $$$$$ expect WELL over $5000.00 for one installed.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:03 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Yellow,

I have one on my 90 and it only bought me about 60 hp over stock. That being said, I would choose to go the heads/cam route if I was to do it over again.

Yes, there is a whine, and it is quite distingishable. It will cost you about $4,000, but then there are all the extra's needed to unleash it's potential.

On the positive side, I have heard horror stories of reliability and crappy customer service from ATI. The unit I have has been very reliable, in three years it has been installed.

Like I said, unless you have a experienced tuner, heads and Cam will give you better results for about the same cost (or less if you can do it yourself).
Old 11-26-2001, 02:31 PM
Red5
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Pro Charger (Flame Red)

I am running the ati system... I ove the sound it makes. Download my "Blowerburn" video and turn up the volume.. :cool:
Im thinking of selling my ati system. It fits 91 and earlier models.
Old 11-26-2001, 07:56 PM
YellowC4
Instructor

Default Re: Pro Charger (Red5)

Nice :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 11-26-2001, 08:11 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a Vortech "B" Trim on my 'stang. It was noisy as anything,and quite frankly...P R O B L E M A T I C(Belts always slipping...if there wasn't straight 116 fuel in the tank...detonation-Head Gaskets poofed). We're also going back to 1995 here. I am sure Blower tech has come a long way. I still wouldn't use one even if I got it for free. I like N/A. Either way good luck with it,and hope all works well for you.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:25 PM
AS84
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ATI has a d1-B charger that is a self contained oiling unit....very nice. But my buddies came with no instructions and It will not keep a belt on it. Everytime it throws it, it takes 70 bucks to replace it. He has had it for 1 month and he has gone though one set of head gaskets already. It took 1 second of his ET though, with 12 psi.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:59 PM
Red85
Advanced

Default Re: Pro Charger (AS84)

Red5,
What you want for it? Email me if you decide to sell it.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:44 PM
Red85
Advanced

Default Re: Pro Charger (Red85)

Addendum.....I found a Paxton "kit" from Carrol on Ebay for a starting bid of $1600.00, used with 5K miles. I'll tag along and see what everyone thinks about supercharging......
Old 11-26-2001, 11:04 PM
EricVonHa
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Pro Charger (Red85)

Beware of the "Carrol Kit" on Ebay... I would not be surprised if it's missing the ignition system, superfueler auxillary fuel injection system and other goodies... buying the odds and ends to really make it work may just be an exercise in futility and major cost! Call Carrol if you're thinking about it, they'll be able to hook you up with an OEM parts list (about 3 pages of parts from what I remember).
Old 11-26-2001, 11:43 PM
AKS Racing
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yellow C4,
You can see mine under the topic of "Finally able to post new engine pics". Makes some noise, but would not change it. Be prepared to add the necessary accesories.

Best of Luck,
Aaron
Old 11-27-2001, 12:35 AM
Allblownup
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one. Sounds great!!!!! I have the system withe the twinn intercooler. The only problems I found were the pop-off valves did not open fast enough at dyno and the pipe I had recieved from blower to system was incorrect. It was pretty straight forward if you follow instructions came with alot of pieces. :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Pro Charger

Quick Reply: Pro Charger