C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

AFR heads and spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:35 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AKS Racing
You are correct in that they are Autolite plugs. I posted this same info in a post earlier this week.

I ran AR3910 plugs for a while, then switched to Autilite 3823, and have run Autolite 3923 plugs for the past 2-3 years. The AR3910 are plugs from Autolite's racing line, which means they come with the "cut back ground strap" and the requisite much higher price. The Autolite 3923 plugs are essentially the same except better under higher boost conditions, but the plugs' ground strap will have to be cut back manually.

If you found an AR3923, that means that it comes with the cut back electrode and the ~$8/ea price tag.

Sorry about the confusion.
Aaron
Hi Aaron, I have Glens car in my shop and after a new engine build to cure the damn oil consumption issue, I am not pulling my hair out trying to cure a high RPM misfire that is killing my top end power. It revs fine to about 5500 or 5700, after that it starts crapping out and I don't make it to 6500 for that last 40 or 50hp. It makes nearly 570 WHP until it craps out, I went back in, replaced the Opti which was defective, all the wires, different module and coil, different plugs and different plug gaps and PCMs. Nothing has cured this, and its starting to really fire me up I even went as far as adjusting the valves again to make sure that the machine shop set them up correctly as this engine is built with Comp Cams CompR lifters.

I am making 12 PSI of boost and I am running a 50-50 meth water mix for intercooling. Before the engine was done, it rev'd cleanly to 6500 and made 620 to the wheels at 12 PSI. Now I just want to make it to 6500 and make that 600hp pull so I can just send it home. I may have to try the Autolites to see if they help, I used NGK BKR6ES in the old engine and never had a problem, I have tried the iridium version of the same plug and that didn't help either so I went back to the standard plug.........

Quick Reply: AFR heads and spark plugs