C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

92 exhaust manifold bolt

Old 12-06-2001, 11:11 AM
CHILTON
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 92 exhaust manifold bolt

Had my #7 cylinder (driver side rear) rear exhaust manifold bolt vibrate out of the head. I called to dealer for a replacement and since it is hardware it looks like a 4-5 day wait - not including the weekend. I would assume it is a off the shelf standard size fastener i.e. 3/8" bolt 3" length. Does anyone know bolt type, size? Would you think a local autoparts store would carry it? TIA
Old 12-06-2001, 11:27 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: 92 exhaust manifold bolt (CHILTON)

I'll send you one for the cost of shipping, but I don't think you'll get it any faster than from the dealership.

The funny part is that one day I got in my car to go home and when I started to move I heard this bolt hit the ground. I stopped and found the bolt, I didn't recognize it for anything, I figured it was just something on the ground that I ran over at just the right angle to shoot it across the floor. I kept it anyway and went on home.

A month later when I was installing my headers I noticed that the passenger side rear manifold bolt was GONE, several others were loose. I still didn't think anything of it. A day later I opened up the center console of the car for something and I saw the bolt I had picked up, I recognized it this time. Suddenly it all made perfect sense!

Funny, it didn't leak without that bolt. I guess the manifolds are just so heavy that they don't flex or anything.

[Modified by Nathan Plemons, 9:28 AM 12/6/2001]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 exhaust manifold bolt