C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1992 C4 OE injector?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 08:03 PM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Default 1992 C4 OE injector?

I replaced all 8 injectors recently. One got clogged on the right side and the back pressure pushed the wires out of the connection. When I pulled them off the fuel rail I noticed this different injector and now I am asking if someone replaced this or is it a OE injector? The picture of the bottom view is not visible but I included it just to show it has a different port.

All 7 injectors look like this one.

The different injector is the one on the left.

This different injector has 4 holes which is what caught my eye that this injector is different from the other 7.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:43 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

I think they are Multecs? Where did you get the new one? Maybe get Bosch from FIC
Old 10-11-2018, 11:05 AM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Originally Posted by aklim
I think they are Multecs? Where did you get the new one? Maybe get Bosch from FIC

I chose these injectors after going to Napa and checking on the cost of AC Delco injectors. The job is easy. The only things to note are prop the fuel lines up to prevent a mess. Go slow and easy putting the new injectors in each port. I did my best to keep any debris from going in one of the injector ports. Put the clips on the injector and then push it onto the fuel rail. You believe these are aftermarket injectors? Well that would explain the odd man out.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:15 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by C4in mesa

I chose these injectors after going to Napa and checking on the cost of AC Delco injectors. The job is easy. The only things to note are prop the fuel lines up to prevent a mess. Go slow and easy putting the new injectors in each port. I did my best to keep any debris from going in one of the injector ports. Put the clips on the injector and then push it onto the fuel rail. You believe these are aftermarket injectors? Well that would explain the odd man out.
Those might be denso in the eBay page. Is that what you finally went with? Could be they are sending a mistake and you installed? IDK.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:52 PM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Yes they are Denso and they work great.

Get notified of new replies

To 1992 C4 OE injector?

Quick Reply: 1992 C4 OE injector?