C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

L98 dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Happydad
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is something I don't understand...Why use an XPipe ??? I'm pretty close to going true duals..No Cats...I don't have emissions here...So Am I not thinking correctly or missing something??? Long tubes,2 1/2" pipe back to mufflers that's all...
Old 04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Caboboy
Yo Marc! How the heck ya doin Bro!

Thanks very much for the pics mseven, that system looks terrific! I really like the apparent flexibility of moving the cats for fitment, not to mention being able to trim the other pieces here 'n there as well. I think it'd look pretty sharp with some Corsas back there too & maybe that way I could actually hear the stereo at cruise speed This may be the way to go depending on current price!

anesthes, I know your point and it's well taken.......analogous to the oversize header trap people fall into. I exaggerated a bit myself when I said 700, but my issue is this: I want a strong all purpose car, something that idles thru the shopping center like a stocker, gets 25+ mpg on the freeway, but can still kick azz when I hit my favorite onramp And.... I live in California and don't want to play the game when it comes to smog issues.

I really don't want to cam it, because then I'll need to be dead on with the tune when it smogs, and I'd need to look at gears My thinking is to cheat the duration gremlins when I do a 200 shot by getting more flow. That's the plan anyway. FWIW, you're very close to the projected HP gains......I did back to back dynos; one with a baseline and one with the headers open. I gained 20RWHP and I know it sounds crazy, but I also gained 5lbs torque. Weird huh?

Thanks for everyone's input, I really hate doing stuff like this twice 'cause it wasn't planned right the first time
I hate to say this but will you pass a Cali smog? They're making things harder on us. I just failed because I have an AFPR and a chrome timing chain cover with no pointer. The emissions were fine but I still failed.

I would love to have true duals. 3" is probably too big for me. I have 2 1/2" but it's the stock configuation with 1 cat.

I want long tubes and stainless mandrel bent dual exhaust too. But that's illegal here. I just don't want to keep 2 exhaust systems and change them everytime I need a smog. There is too much BS in Cali.and it's getting worse.

Last edited by Kool88vette; 04-12-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:11 PM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 409 Likes on 327 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by Caboboy
Yo Marc! How the heck ya doin Bro!
Still a-gathering parts....
Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Tim what was your decision?
Old 04-19-2008, 12:27 AM
yourboy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-3-36-928.html what do you think about that? any good?

Quick Reply: L98 dual exhaust