C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

dana 36 Axle Model Identification number

Old 05-11-2022, 12:31 AM
Stingraynut
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default dana 36 Axle Model Identification number

I'm unable to jack the car up at the moment to find the Axle Model Identification number

Does anyone know the number please?

I assume that all C4 autos would have the same dana36?
I need the number so that I can search for replacement bearings, shims washers etc to recon my diff
1988 auto Dana 36 with 7.875” gear ring ,
Also appreciate hearing if there's a full kit available somewhere,. Ecklers have one but out of stock
I'm in Australia
Old 05-11-2022, 09:09 AM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Received 278 Likes on 215 Posts

you will struggle to find any comprehensive installation kit for a Dana 36 {or Dana 44 for that matter}
your best bet is to go on US Ebay and find the kit that is the most comprehensive, and wait for it to turn up and see what is missing. It would appear that most kits dont have axle bearings and seals for some strange reason. You can get these parts in Australia from bearing retailers.
But it wont be a cheap process to buy a kit, the availability, cost, and shipping to Aus has gone stupid since Covid.
unfortunately you wont find any easy or cheap answers to your questions.

Here is a link to my recent build and swap, it may be of interest to you.
Dana 44 build and D36 swap - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion
Old 05-11-2022, 09:22 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Model 36/200 ICA is the Dana/Spicer ID for the rear. 200 is the Metric dimension of the ring gear 7.875/200mm

There are several vendors here in the US that offer a correct package. In your other thread there was a reference to a Timken Drive-line kit. That didn't have all but I asked you if you could buy Timken locally/Australia. You didn't answer

I wouldn't think you'd have to shop in the USA for what you need. Maybe but doubtful.

The vendor that @blackozvet sourced his axle bearings and seals from could maybe help. He did those I believe 'in country/Australia'.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 05-11-2022 at 09:32 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To dana 36 Axle Model Identification number

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dana 36 Axle Model Identification number