C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Dual Walbro in tank fuel pump questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Dual Walbro in tank fuel pump questions

Hi guys. I'm interested in doing a dual walbro in tank fuel pump setup. I want to operate one pump on all the time and the other via a hobbs switch while I'm in boost. While taking a look at photos of other dual walbro setups and taking a look at the diagram of the fuel pump setup, I came up with a few questions:

1. What is the function of the pulsator?
2. Do I need a pulsator on the 2nd pump?
3. If I run a y block, should I run it in the tank, or should I run a fuel line through from the second pump and y it outside the tank to the stock fuel feed hose? Also if I ran a new fuel line outside the tank, I would be buying a grommet and than sealing it with household goop.
4. if I use a y block, is there a certain type of teflon tape I should use to seal it and keep fuel from shooting out?

I currently have the wiring setup for my t rex fuel pump. I need to extend the wires a little ways and add the hobbs switch and replacing the fuel line where my t rex is currently, I should be ready to go.

Rock auto has the zr1 sending units for sale. They have both a ac delco and delphi brand. Worst come to worst, I could use one of these and have a real nice solution.

Last edited by qwiketz; 05-05-2008 at 10:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Dual Walbro in tank fuel pump questions