C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Parting out my Engine Setup.. those with boost may be interested!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:36 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Parting out my Engine Setup.. those with boost may be interested!

Hey guys,

I am parting out my engine setup, the turbo kit is sold to Finnc4, but the rest of the motor is now on the market for sale. after several years of boosting the old faithful LT4 I am now finally converting to the dark side and going with the LSX series platform. I still have other LTx boosted cars and will be more active in here but I figured why not give it a whirl and see what I can make a C4 do with an LS in it.

anyways, if any of you are hunting for some proven parts, please see the link below to the for sale thread here on Corvette Forum.

Thanks guys!

Chris

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-p...lt4-setup.html
Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Chris-

do you intend on building a larger turbo Lt-x based c4 still? or you're ditching the LT-x platform completely and going Ls-x in a C4?

I noticed that your block and crank are not up for sale? So i just assumed you had plans to go with a different top-end and continue development?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Between my father and I we have 6 corvettes, all C4's so the block and crank will remain with me due to them being the original for the car and being 4 bolt and getting harder to find. for this build I will be going with the LSx for a full on drag setup, I will post update pictures as always along the way. plans for a larger setup utilizing an LTx base are definately still on, I will be knocking that one off the list shortly after this build up.

Chris
Old 05-07-2009, 10:14 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by lcvette
Between my father and I we have 6 corvettes, all C4's so the block and crank will remain with me due to them being the original for the car and being 4 bolt and getting harder to find.
Are you saying you made 906 rwhp with a stock crank???
Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

no, on an eagle crank. keeping the block and the eagle crank for another project car that will be more oriented for the street and have a bit higher compression for a little less boost. and a different rod length perhaps.

the stock lt4 crank is nodular iron, the same material that the ls1 engines are making such amazing horsepower with. I still have that puppy stowed away safely for the future

Chris
Old 05-08-2009, 12:03 AM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Personally, I think you should do a BBC turbo. I understand the appeal, but a LSyawn is a little played out.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 AM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

i think i have to agree with MR DAVE!!!! dude, alloy big block!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 AM
ChopperKingpin
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Dave
Personally, I think you should do a BBC turbo. I understand the appeal, but a LSyawn is a little played out.
*LSyawn* !?!?!? Are you serious??? This is by far the best motor to come from ANY company EVER. The only enhancements that could make this a better performing motor is an upgrade from another of GM's newer motors....the direct injection from an EcoTec.

A Big Block is rowdy, racous, and cool in a C2 or C3 Vette, but if you want to perform elsewhere than a 1/4 mile track, you need to keep the weight off your nose, and that's what a good LSx build will do for you.

Oh, and not to mention that STOCK L92/LS3 heads are ridiculously cheap and flow ludicrous amounts of air. FROM A STOCK HEAD!!! These production small block heads flow as much or more air than a lot of BBC heads, stock or aftermarket.

LSx may be played out, but it's like this for a reason.

lcvette, keep us posted on this turbo LSx build.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 AM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ChopperKingpin
*LSyawn* !?!?!? Are you serious??? This is by far the best motor to come from ANY company EVER.

You're welcome to your opinion.

The LSx is a great engine, but its not the end all be all of high performance.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:57 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

This guy was looking for a stock crank

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...ort-block.html
Old 05-08-2009, 09:06 AM
neat
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
This guy was looking for a stock crank
He's not selling a stock crank.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ChopperKingpin
*LSyawn* !?!?!? Are you serious??? This is by far the best motor to come from ANY company EVER. The only enhancements that could make this a better performing motor is an upgrade from another of GM's newer motors....the direct injection from an EcoTec.

A Big Block is rowdy, racous, and cool in a C2 or C3 Vette, but if you want to perform elsewhere than a 1/4 mile track, you need to keep the weight off your nose, and that's what a good LSx build will do for you.

Oh, and not to mention that STOCK L92/LS3 heads are ridiculously cheap and flow ludicrous amounts of air. FROM A STOCK HEAD!!! These production small block heads flow as much or more air than a lot of BBC heads, stock or aftermarket.

LSx may be played out, but it's like this for a reason

lcvette, keep us posted on this turbo LSx build.
I would have to agree that the LSX is an awesome engine! Actually, it's one of the reasons why i am deeply considering a C5

However, an all aluminum Big Block would not be "that bad" as far as weight is concerned. Of course it "can" be much more epensive than an LS-x.... but let's make one thing clear there... there is no replacement for displacement! and 500+, 600+ cubic inches of alloy BIG BLOCK sounds like a seriously fun time to me.

With that said, RHS is currently offering a LS-x based engine that can be punched out to 500 cubic inches....

Long story short, we're arguing a non-issue... chris has already decided on the engine of choice.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 AM
tpi 421 vette
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey Chris, I have to totally agree, the LS motors do have alot of potential. I have a 91 that I have had forever with tried and proven parts, and I am certainly going to keep it for racing. I have Lloyd Elliot ported AFR's 220's on it, and they flow 312 cfm, and I have alot of money in them. The sad thing is my 08 Vette with a LS3, bone stock, the heads out flow my worked over old AFR heads.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Baldturbofreak
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ex- nextel cup engine E85,15-1 and GT5541R.. 9200rpm. mmmm
Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or a LSX 454ci with 114mm turbo and mmm. 10,000rpm screamer
Old 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM
COPO
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

is you car a 6 spd or auto. just asking becos i just did a lot of measuring to install my LS. I kno you have the LT k member and that is a plus.

ok i read the 4 sale add. so i suppose your going auto

Last edited by COPO; 05-18-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:22 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

When you find artilces on the LSx engine like this one it make you really wonder what would happen if you put 15psi to it with a set of twins.

http://www.summitracing.com/streetandstrip/tech_content.as

Last edited by mn_vette; 05-19-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:51 PM
neat
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mn_vette
When you find artilces on the LSx engine like this one it make you really wonder what would happen if you put 15psi to it with a set of twins.

http://www.summitracing.com/streetandstrip/tech_content.as
There's a bunch of guys on www.ls1tech.com and other LSX websites that are pegging dyno's at 1.5K RWHP with turbo LSX set-ups.

Get notified of new replies

To Parting out my Engine Setup.. those with boost may be interested!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parting out my Engine Setup.. those with boost may be interested!