C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Interesting Twin Turbo Kit for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 03:33 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I GOT IT!!!!!

the intercooler gets fed from the TOP (i mean the two on the top, not the one in the center)! the two "other" inlets are just inlets to cool down the air charge! the discharge in the center is for your throttle body!

Last edited by mnstrlt1; 06-09-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:34 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

the two pipes with injectors are to cool the intake track. the other "polished pipes" are to re-route the intake pipes to the throttle body.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This turbo kit look crappy and you will having a hard time try to figure how it fit and go together. All those old age electronic, fueler? If it were me I would not use it.. Dump the intercooler and run a Alky injection instead. That iC way undersize and restricted. Why bother using it.

You can easily build your own budget twin turbo kit using T3/T4 60-1 turbo, this turbo are not expensive and is very decent turbo. This turbo are very small and you can easily package in the TPI engine bay using shorty header flip upside down and modify the flange to mate with the turbo. Building a turbo kit ain't that bad. Just need to buy a good Mig (gas) welder and some wild steel, you good to go practice. When you are good at it, then build a new set with stainless steel.

Years ago I to, paid someone build my turbo kit because back then I did not undertand or know anything about turbo and welding. Now I can do my own turbo kit IF I want to. It not that hard.... Just need time and money.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Hideki
Racer

You were right, the black pipes are for the throttlebody I honestly feel this is the correct way for the piping to be setup. As for the guy commenting on the "crappy" setup, I like the old skool setup, period correct tuning parts are my favorite.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

well, i think the fun of this particular thread is that it's a "puzzle".

of course, we can sit around and mention what is "good, bad, needs improving". etc...
of course, if the OP had mentioned on what to "improve" than we can easily start to pick this kit apart, etc.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mnstrlt1
well, i think the fun of this particular thread is that it's a "puzzle".

of course, we can sit around and mention what is "good, bad, needs improving". etc...
of course, if the OP had mentioned on what to "improve" than we can easily start to pick this kit apart, etc.

NO, you are not allowed to say crappy. You supposed to say awesome or bad *** twin turbo kit because it is designed by USHSER and Indy CAR DRIVER...So it is a gold mine. It not a homebrew etc.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

One comment about the piping setup in the picture. I think the intercooler should be turned around the other way. That way the air will be rushing into the open tubes to help get air past the intercooler.

Notice the way they welded flat spots onto the intake ports for the intercooler "cooling" pipes. They would not have done this extra work unless they needed the clearance. This would lead me to believe that the intercooler is either placed at the top of the engine bay and they had to clearance the hood or it was at the bottom of the engine bay and they had to clearance for the road. With that mounting bar on the front of it I'm guessing that it was mounted in the space between the radiator fans and the power steering cooler. It looks about the right size to fit. If this is the case you may have to cut holes in your front air dam to get air into the holes.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Pwnage1337
Tech Contributor

Received 188 Likes on 141 Posts

this is very interesting lol.

Do you have any idea how much boost its going to run?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:35 PM
boostedmaxPSI
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know that Turbo Group Fueler very well and if you need any info on it shoot me PM. I have the wiring diagram and how to tune it.

Basically there's three wires; a ground, power and a tach wire then a source for the boost which should run to the intake manifold. There are two sources of boost on the upper intake passanger side rear. "T" into either port. Share this same source for your boost gage.

Good luck on your project, looks like fun.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

this thing is hurting my head.

how about those down pipes?
they look like they would go through the fire wall and end up in your dash?

Quick Reply: Interesting Twin Turbo Kit for sale