C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

FIC LT4 fuel injectors work..........AWESOME! (Caution: long read!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:43 PM
TorchRedlt4man
Drifting

Location: Chicago Executive Airport, formerly known as Palwaukee
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default FIC LT4 fuel injectors work..........AWESOME! (Caution: long read!)

A little background. I owned & operated an auto & truck repair shop in the Chicagoland area for almost twenty (20) years. I still keep up with all the latest in the automotive industry. Still work on a variety of vehicles for clients & friends. Have almost forty (40) years experience working on domestic & foreign cars & trucks.

I bought my 1996 Collector Edition coupe with the LT4 new in March ‘96. Over the years I myself installed many bolt-on modifications. Upgraded air intake area, ignition system. Designed a custom 3” exhaust system which was fabricated and welded by a good friend.

I did a mail order tune in 99. Finally, a couple of years ago, I had the guys at Speed Inc. in Schaumburg, IL do a dyno-tune. My LT4 was running strong.

In January of this year, I started searching for replacements for my OEM Rochester Multec fuel injectors which now had over 105,000 miles on them. I searched the threads here for solutions. Luckily for me, I ran across Fuel Injector Connection. I saw where Jon had taken the Bosch Design III injectors and rebuilt them to flow exactly what my injectors flowed. A fellow forum member, Mekanic, installed these injectors into his LT4 and was thrilled with how they worked.

As you can see, I take my time when it concerns my Vette. I sent an email to Jon at FIC, and he called me back immediately. We talked about what I could expect from his injectors. I learned the ‘96 Multecs no longer have the coil windings exposed to fuel. Jon told me they would probably ohm out pretty good. That did not mean, though, they were working up to their potential.

I ohm tested all of mine. 12 ohms all across the board. Score “one” for Jon!

Spent the next week in Bowling Green for a cruise. When I returned I emailed Jon again. Again, he called me back immediately. I was starting to be surprised at his excellent customer service. Remember, earlier, I had said I owned a shop and had dealt with all sorts of vendors. Jon was inching his way up to the top of my “Top Ten” list.

On Tuesday, in a purely “preventive maintenance” move, I ordered NEW Bosch Design III fuel injectors from Jon. He had taken these apart to replace parts to enable them to flow identically to my OEM Rochester Multecs. I live in Chicago. FIC is located just outside of Atlanta, Georgia. They arrived on Thursday. I was surprised but extremely happy. Score “two” for Jon!

On Friday, I installed them. Took me about an hour. I like to take my time on my Vette. Anyone could do these in about 45 minutes.

My fuel rails were empty. I cycled the key twice before cranking to energize the fuel pump and fill the fuel rails. My engine started FASTER than it had been starting. The idle settled to a “smooth like glass” RPM. I used to have somewhat of a lumpy idle. Always thought all LT4s ran like that. Not mine anymore! Score “three” for Jon!

Also, the noise coming from my old injectors was gone! Recently, I thought I needed to investigate an exhaust or lifter noise. No need for an investigation now! I really cannot hear these injectors “click” at all. Score “four” for Jon!

Driving my Vette put me over the edge. I have spent the last two weeks driving and enjoying my new found power & smoothness. At any throttle tip-in, the response is immediate! From starting to idling to accelerating……….I have not seen a mod in my life give such results so quickly and inexpensively!

Did I mention Jon finally worked himself up to the top position of my “Top Ten Vendors” list? Work might be the wrong word. Dealing with Jon and his company was absolutely the most effortless experience of my entire automotive career.

Too many times a forum becomes a sounding board for all the negative and sub-standard customer service we run into. Not this thread.

I congratulate Jon on being the person he is. Knowledgeable & eager to share his knowledge. Hands-on. Timely. An all-around nice guy. Fabulous company. Unbelievable customer service.

Thanks, Jon!

Save the Wave!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Mark85Vett
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's nice to see when a vendor or individual comes through like that! There are so many negative threads about deals gone bad on the for sale/wanted forum; Good work Jon!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:30 PM
MK 82
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

He is truly a breath of fresh air!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:30 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Jon is too good to be true, eventually he will turn on us.

Hey Jon.
-Mike
Old 06-23-2009, 07:25 PM
1989TransAm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank for the post. I'm looking into 32# injectors for my modified L98. I will give Jon a call.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:50 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You are right sir, that was a long read !!!

But well worth it, every word....

I've never ordered injectors for any of my Vettes yet, but Jon has already earned "Top Spot" when the time will come because of stories like yours and countless other "Jon is great to work with, and incredably knowledgable" CF responders.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:36 AM
TorchRedlt4man
Drifting

Location: Chicago Executive Airport, formerly known as Palwaukee
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Thanks all for the sentiments!

I figure Jon will NOT turn on us as long as we continue to take advantage of his service!

BTW, my LT4 is still bringing a big to my face every time I drive my Vette.

Save the Wave!

Get notified of new replies

To FIC LT4 fuel injectors work..........AWESOME! (Caution: long read!)

Quick Reply: FIC LT4 fuel injectors work..........AWESOME! (Caution: long read!)