C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Is there any way to make my LCD numbers darker

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:36 AM
tblt44
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is there any way to make my LCD numbers darker

My LCD numbers are a really light gray color.I can only see them if I get really close.
I can't even see how fast I'm going.I cant see my MPG,my digital temp or anything unless I get right up to it and block all light.
Just wondering if there is any way to fix this without sending it out for repair?
Old 10-03-2009, 05:23 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

If you had a normally working system I don’t think there is an adjustment for that in the sense you want. The normal brightness control is obviously not helping you in a normal way. So with out seeing the symptom, I would assume there might be a problem. Either the display is bad, or there might be some voltage to low that is fed to it. It sounds like a global problem and not just one digit in the panel. I remember reading about a regular transistor for the panel and have seen it under the steering wheel column.

I will look thru the FSM and see if I can come up with something. If you have a FSM, I would start looking in there also.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 PM
tblt44
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LCD numbers

Thanks pcolt I dont have a FSM yet

Get notified of new replies

To Is there any way to make my LCD numbers darker

Quick Reply: Is there any way to make my LCD numbers darker