C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

L98-no juice to fuel pump fuse

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 05:33 PM
raypdq
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump oil pressure switch circuit does it exist

Originally Posted by JOHN89
FYI...Power to fuel pump/fuse goes through oil pressure switch on back of intake manifold on drivers side. Power is cut off if no oil pressure is seen within seconds. Just making sure you are aware of this little feature while troubleshooting.
John
John I am tryiing to determine if there is a oil pressure switch that opens in the fuel pump circuit, nobody seems to be able to verify that it exist.
Raypdq This is on a 1990 base model coup.

Last edited by raypdq; 06-12-2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Needed to add car year
Old 06-12-2018, 05:52 PM
raypdq
Intermediate

Default Jumping oil pressure switch for fuel pump circuit

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
If you want to test the fuel pump circuit, you can force the pump to run by unplugging the oil pressure switch and jumpering the contacts in the connector together.
There or three wires in the plug in a triangle configuration. in a oval plug the pins are top of the oval and bottom of te oval and a pin next to the side of the oval. I will check before aplying power but the top and the bottom should logically be the circuit and the pin on the side should be the sensing pin for the switch. I am kind of goingby the seat of my pants on this armed with only inf on this site and a deep back ground in troubleshoot these kinds of problems. I have no manual or access to a wiring schematic and son't know a place to get them. Any help would be apriciated. Thanks Ray This on a 1990 base coup. I know there where chanes in this area from 89 to 90, for instance the relay on the 90 is on the passenger side dash board, so that is why I am trying to verify this circuit is in the 90.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:21 PM
raypdq
Intermediate

Originally Posted by raypdq
There or three wires in the plug in a triangle configuration. in a oval plug the pins are top of the oval and bottom of te oval and a pin next to the side of the oval. I will check before aplying power but the top and the bottom should logically be the circuit and the pin on the side should be the sensing pin for the switch. I am kind of goingby the seat of my pants on this armed with only inf on this site and a deep back ground in troubleshoot these kinds of problems. I have no manual or access to a wiring schematic and son't know a place to get them. Any help would be apriciated. Thanks Ray This on a 1990 base coup. I know there where chanes in this area from 89 to 90, for instance the relay on the 90 is on the passenger side dash board, so that is why I am trying to verify this circuit is in the 90.

Thanks for all the help, I got an edjucation on the fuel delivery system on my C 4 however that was not the problem. Ended up being that the rotor screws came loose and the rotor destroid the inside of my dist. cap and coil. Repalced everything and good to go. If I hadn't recently had a fuel pump problem the ignition would have been my knee jerk direction to go. Thanks again for all your help, Raypdq
Old 06-28-2018, 04:26 PM
raypdq
Intermediate

Originally Posted by raypdq
John I am tryiing to determine if there is a oil pressure switch that opens in the fuel pump circuit, nobody seems to be able to verify that it exist.
Raypdq This is on a 1990 base model coup.
Thanks for your help ended up being the ignition.
Rotor screws came out and destried the dist cap and coil. Cleaned up and replaced everything and work great. Thanks again for all the help. Raypdq

Quick Reply: L98-no juice to fuel pump fuse