C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Pics of 93 Turbo C4

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
knobhead
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can I get that done? and whats the total price?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 PM
dogfish246
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats CRAZY AWESOME: cool:

Man! It must be super fun to drive! You just added a whole new level to the daily driven Vette!

Looks like it might get hot in that engine compartment though!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 AM
DFab
Advanced

Originally Posted by 93VettePilot
No I don't have any other pics. I didn't really think it looked bad though. Do you have any pics of turbo setups you've done?
I certainly do. I've built custom FI setups for almost a decade. I was merely commenting on the wastegate recirc as its just not something I'd do due to the cheat cut and placement. So, your motives to see my work, were they legit they'd be no problem.

The setup overall is nice, but I was merely stating it could be better...sorry man.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:49 AM
93VettePilot
Pro

Originally Posted by ********
where can I get that done? and whats the total price?
This was a custom setup done by Mn_Vette. I think he tacked it all together and had a welding shop finish the welds. Then it was coated in Jet-Hot to keep the engine bay temps down. I'm guessing if you did alot of the grunt work yourself you could put this together for about $6000. The problem with the stock LT1 is the hypereutectic pistons need to be replaced if you are going to run any descent amount of boost. Forced Induction adds up really quick for all the "little things."

I don't know of anybody that sells kits for a C4 front mount turbo. It is pretty rare to see turbos on C4's.

Originally Posted by DFab
I certainly do. I've built custom FI setups for almost a decade. I was merely commenting on the wastegate recirc as its just not something I'd do due to the cheat cut and placement. So, your motives to see my work, were they legit they'd be no problem.

The setup overall is nice, but I was merely stating it could be better...sorry man.
No offense taken. I would really like to see some of your work. Do you do custom fab work for the general public? If so, West Virginia is not that far from Kentucky and I could use a good fabricator.

Last edited by 93VettePilot; 02-06-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Fuel system has me sort of confused... is it a return setup? How do you have the system set up ?
Old 02-06-2010, 12:49 PM
93VettePilot
Pro

It has 2 intank pumps, 2 fuel feed lines, and 1 return line. Fuel lines come in at the rear of the fuel rails, flow through the rails, then into the Fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pressure regulator then sends the rest back to the tank.

Blown setups use alot of fuel while in boost. Specific fuel consumption is high. Dual intank pumps will supply enough fuel for all but wildest of setups. Blower setups also like a lower Air/fuel ratio. Around 11.8 is safe and will make good power.

Last edited by 93VettePilot; 02-06-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:59 PM
93z28
Heel & Toe

good to see some more turbo LT1's. Ive got a pretty nasty turbo LT1 T/A myself.

if anyone is interested in a LT4 manifold drilled for a distributor i have one for sale. going single plane
Old 02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
DFab
Advanced

I assume it was tuned on a dyno, so did you have any final numbers...also what kind of dyno? Also, what kind of street traction does the car see in various gears?

All my history is in the sport compact market, but I've decided to move on, as the scene has its issues. Its popularity has definitely peaked and fallen, stabilizing in an area that's tight to say the least...at least as far as East Coast is concerned.

I'll send you pm with some stuff O.P.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:55 AM
93VettePilot
Pro

The original owner posted some quarter mile times that indicated it had around 500rwhp. Once I get a forged bottom end on it, some methanol, and with the new AFR heads I will turn up the boost. It should make around 600rwhp.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:50 PM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by DFab
I assume it was tuned on a dyno, so did you have any final numbers...also what kind of dyno? Also, what kind of street traction does the car see in various gears?

All my history is in the sport compact market, but I've decided to move on, as the scene has its issues. Its popularity has definitely peaked and fallen, stabilizing in an area that's tight to say the least...at least as far as East Coast is concerned.

I'll send you pm with some stuff O.P.

DFab, what part of WV are you located in? I used to live in Hinton, about 23 miles from Beckley.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

93VettePilot,

I purchased this one almost 3 years ago http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4s-...nvertible.html
Still havent got it out of my garage yet, seems like right after I purchased it I have had one thing or another keeping me away from it.

Quick Reply: Pics of 93 Turbo C4