C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Driving me bonkers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
MK 82
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rainbow runner
Pappy.72 just checked exhaust pressure per the book at the air pipe after removing the check valve. Think you nailed it pressure 7 p.s.i., revs like it should. Know of any way to gut the cats till I can replace. That way I can at least use the car. Also any ideas on CAT system, I'm in California so got to have. Only need front half as I have a BORLA system in back.
How many cats does your 91 have? If it is like my 86 it has precats in the Y pipe and one large main in the center of the car. You can remove the main and rod it out. The precats would have to be cut off, rodded, and welded back.

Last edited by MK 82; 01-10-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
rainbow runner
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has three cats, 2 pre and a main. Dropped them over the weekend and when I flipped the unit over drivers side pre-cat poured out, and chunks came out of passenger side. Took a piece of 1/4 in stainless wire and knocked out loose stuff from passenger side for and aft, took drain snake and ran it through the drivers side to make sure it was cleared out. Then I rodded out main cat. Run like a champ. Vacuum back up to 21 in like before. Will replace as soon as I can get something shipped to me even if I have to go the route of sending it to someone in another state first. Absolutely will not go to a muffler shop as I do not want everything welded into one piece and I aint paying their price for direct fit.

Quick Reply: Driving me bonkers