C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

No Speedo/Odometer 1991 L98

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:42 AM
neshaminy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Speedo/Odometer 1991 L98

I bought a 1991 L98 and am trying to diagnose a few problems. My speedo/odometer do not work. The cruise control and horn wont work either. The service ride control lite stays on. Disconnted the fx3 module no change. Replaced the vss, no change. Replaced dash cluster, no change. Pulled ccm codes got h72,h74. Aftermarket radio was installed. From reading other posts, I am leaning towards a bad ccm or ecm.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 AM
vette079
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neshaminy
I bought a 1991 L98 and am trying to diagnose a few problems. My speedo/odometer do not work. The cruise control and horn wont work either. The service ride control lite stays on. Disconnted the fx3 module no change. Replaced the vss, no change. Replaced dash cluster, no change. Pulled ccm codes got h72,h74. Aftermarket radio was installed. From reading other posts, I am leaning towards a bad ccm or ecm.
H72 and H74 means history codes, new codes would start with C(urrent).
Does your service engine soon light come up when you turn on the ignition?
If it does and goes off when you start, does it come on again when engine is running?
Check those codes first by grounding the two upper right terminals A-B in the ALDL (above your right knee).

Quick Reply: No Speedo/Odometer 1991 L98