C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Removing wires from my 88 sport seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Whitecloud
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Removing wires from my 88 sport seat

I am trying to take my 88 sport seats out and they are all connected with air hoses and wires. Where do I disconnect the air hoses? Do I have to take the bottom and back out together or should I do it one at a time? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Harsh20
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your air pumps are under the bottom of the seats along with all the wiring connectors. just pull the seat bottom out and unplug everything there. the pumps are connected to a splitter box (for lack of a better term) disconnect it there. they will be brittle so take your time separating the hoses.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Whitecloud
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harsh20
your air pumps are under the bottom of the seats along with all the wiring connectors. just pull the seat bottom out and unplug everything there. the pumps are connected to a splitter box (for lack of a better term) disconnect it there. they will be brittle so take your time separating the hoses.
So I actually pull the 3 clear hoses out of the little black splitter box?
Old 02-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Harsh20
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whitecloud
So I actually pull the 3 clear hoses out of the little black splitter box?
it has been a long time but I remember one side of the block had nipples on it and that is where I separated them. I removed my air pumps a couple of years ago. replacements were too expensive and i didn't use them anyway.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:42 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I can't remember if the black plastic pieces split apart or if you need to pull each of the hoses off the nipples. In any case do it carefully as the black plastic is brittle. You might find is simpler to cut the hoses off and then replace them.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing wires from my 88 sport seat

Quick Reply: Removing wires from my 88 sport seat