C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

aftermarket alarm system in an 86

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 12:10 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default aftermarket alarm system in an 86

I just bought an 86. I wondered if any of you put an aftermarket alarm in? I don't want my son to lose his investment. Can you tell me what the best alarm system is for the vette? :confused:
Old 03-16-2002, 12:24 PM
JonM
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: aftermarket alarm system in an 86 (Sharky Guam)

I just put in an Alpine SEC-8028. I put it in myself and it can be a PITA if you don't know anything about the electrical system. I also put three sirens in it...Two under the hood and one in the rear wheel well. (Hurts your ears when it goes off. But the alpine works great and has the ability to add options if you like. (Window roll-up, Paging, Remote start...etc) I put the window roll up and down in...when you se the alarm the windows roll up automatically. http://www.alpine1.com I think Circut City has a pretty good deal installed
Old 03-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: aftermarket alarm system in an 86 (JonM)

Wow! :cool: That did not take long! That truly is a nice alarm system. Thanks for the info. Anybody else have an alarm that I may consider to install in my son's car? :cheers: :cool: :chevy
Old 03-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Bluevette85
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: aftermarket alarm system in an 86 (Sharky Guam)

I added a Crimestopper 845 keyless entry to my 85 and kept the stock alarm. You will have to become very intimate with your electrical system. Crimestopper also makes an alarm system with keyless entry. Search on ebay for it.

Get notified of new replies

To aftermarket alarm system in an 86

Quick Reply: aftermarket alarm system in an 86