C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

More headlight actuator issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Black92FX36spd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More headlight actuator issues

Well I got the passenger side headlight actuator rebuilt with no problems, works like new. The driver side though, the metal gear cap that butts up next to the plastic gear with the shaft is stripped. Does any one know if you can buy this part and if so what is it's official name? I'm going with the JB weld approach for now, see how it works.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:14 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

You might try your local electric tool repair shop to see if they have anything. When I had to replace one of my headlight motor commutator brushes, I was able to find some made by Bosch Corp. I had to sand them down to fit using a piece of emery cloth, though.

If not, the J.B. Weld approach is probably about as good as any. I used a dab of Gorilla Glue over the weekend to fix a broken passenger side door handle grommet. Worked like a charm.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Black92FX36spd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the JB Weld worked! And it fixed my issues of the headlights popping up on the park light setting. I'm not sure what happened but everything works like it is supposed to now.

Get notified of new replies

To More headlight actuator issues

Quick Reply: More headlight actuator issues