C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

removing antenna mast(have done search)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 10:30 PM
DarkoStoj
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default removing antenna mast(have done search)

My antenna mast has crapped out and I bought a replacement mast for it. I removed the nut on the mast and the rubber grommet, but the thing will not come out. I yanked turned the radio on/off while pulling and nothing seems to work. The motor is running but the antenna does not move, so is there anyway to avoid taking out the antenna motor as well? BTw its a 91 :sad:
Old 03-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Rich_01659
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: removing antenna mast(have done search) (DarkoStoj)

I can't speak for the 91, but if it is the same as a 94 then your doing it right. if pulling will not get it out (and your sure you got the nut off) then your options are to pull harder or remove the motor. maybe some kind of loosening agent like wd-40 or liquid wrench, over night then try again. also note, if the cable is broken and part of it is in the motor you will need to remove the motor to get it out.
Good Luck :)
Old 03-28-2002, 01:20 AM
JonM
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this... http://www.madvet.com/pdf/601240.pdf You need Acrobat Reader to see it.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:34 PM
DarkoStoj
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: removing antenna mast(have done search) (JonM)

i have those exact same insturctions :smash: I just can't get the mast out for some reason, it says it should just slide out, but it's not happening
Old 03-28-2002, 08:58 PM
White91
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my '91 it did pulll right out, but the new one wouldn't go past half down. There was a piece of the old zip cord still inside the motor assembly. Just save yourself the time and bite the bullet and take the motor out. Good luck it's no fun.
Old 03-29-2002, 12:08 PM
KCvetteowner
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: removing antenna mast(have done search) (White91)

The mast has a barb on it that sometimes flares out a little more and makes it difficult to pull out. I have yet to replace mine.

I just unplugged the wire at the rear of the car that controls it going up and down....Reception is the same and I don't like the look of the car with the antenna up anyway, makes it look like a radio-controlled car... :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To removing antenna mast(have done search)

Quick Reply: removing antenna mast(have done search)