C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Replaced my O2 sensor on my 94 now the service light soon comes on how do i correct ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 12:18 PM
boonie c4
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Replaced my O2 sensor on my 94 now the service light soon comes on how do i correct ?

It's been 2 weeks since i replaced both of my O2 sensors in my 94 with a pair of Denso O2 sensors and just last night I noticed that both of my cooling fans are on along with the service soon light. at 1st I disconnected the battery and after being on for a few seconds it went off only to return after a 10 minute drive. What is wrong and how can I correct this sisuation short of taking it to my Corvette Mechanic?
Prior to replacing the O2 sensors i never had this problem could the Denso O2 sensors defective? Or could the O2 sensors have been improperly installed? your input will be very appericated.
thanks boonie
Old 12-19-2010, 12:33 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

You need to pull the codes first and see what they are, then you can take steps to correct it. Use the on board diagnosis. If need help, ask.

I have also heard that certain brands of O2 sensors just don’t work well in the vette. Been a long time since I discussed this but from what I remember, 2 brands were good to use. Probably GM (Delco) was one, and can't remember the other.

Perhaps someone can jump in and fill in my blanks. I was not familiar with that brand of O2 and maybe the vette does not like it.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:20 PM
ChrisLT1conv
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

delphi is the other good o2 for vette the fans come on when the check engine light comes on because the pcm runs in default aka closed loop when the light comes on. I suggest putting the old o2s back in I it was running fine before
Old 12-22-2010, 07:50 PM
ChrisLT1conv
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update??
Old 12-22-2010, 08:39 PM
sailorsteve
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisLT1conv
delphi is the other good o2 for vette the fans come on when the check engine light comes on because the pcm runs in default aka closed loop when the light comes on. I suggest putting the old o2s back in I it was running fine before
That would be OPEN loop. Closed loop operation refers to an engine at operating temperature, with the ECM using voltages etc. from the various sensors.

Get notified of new replies

To Replaced my O2 sensor on my 94 now the service light soon comes on how do i correct ?

Quick Reply: Replaced my O2 sensor on my 94 now the service light soon comes on how do i correct ?