C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

lightweight racing seats in a c4? what seat? where do I get the brackets?

Old 03-09-2014, 06:33 PM
ghetrick
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks, Corvette Rookie looking for seats

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
not sure which seats you are referring to (whether aftermarket corbeau a4 or stock seats).

The entire assembly I unbolted from the floor (4 bolts) seat + bracket weighed 45 lbs.
All the post here are a great help. I was looking at A-4 seats, have a 86, 383 stroker, nothing stock by block. I need more room. I'm 6"5" 265, wife is 5'9" I do most of driving and all racing. All these post are a big help. Thanks Guys. I have 44lb injectors, need Mass Airflow to match, then dyno tune, have good guy, I will post about this in other message. Thank you all and nice to meet you.
The following users liked this post:
YellowEarl (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 01:06 AM
YellowEarl
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I am trying to deal with my helmet hitting the roof. I wonder how to get lower in the car.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:20 AM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,272 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowEarl
I am trying to deal with my helmet hitting the roof. I wonder how to get lower in the car.

How much room do you need?
Old 04-13-2021, 12:53 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,261 Likes on 1,446 Posts

im 5’10, with helmet on in factory seats i have to run with the lexan top or my helmet touches the headliner of the fibreglass top.

then i blew through the seat trapeze, and now i can actually get low enough with the fiberglass top.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:02 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 367 Likes on 303 Posts

I had that same problem. This last time I worked on it I used a flat bracket and drilled holes in the underside of the car to tighten the bolts. A small patch of sheet galvanized and RTV works good to cover up.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:50 AM
CCiPhantom
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffin
I tried to adapt 85 rails to the Corbeaus. It has been done by someone here with a lot of fab skills and equipment. I quickly gave up and bought the Corbeau rails. The Corbeau seat/rails combo makes you sit much,much lower. My son is 6'5" and has comfortable head room. The Corbeau rails are much lighter than stock in case you were wondering.
Do you know if he got the shaved rails for taller drivers? They offer standard then a 1" shaved option to lower the seat height. I'm 6'1" and looking to get these just want to make sure I get the right brackets. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 367 Likes on 303 Posts

I have the Corbeau rails on mine and the seat bottom cushions have their shaved option. I'm 6'3 and with how my setup is now have almost to much headroom. Getting access to the mounting bolts on a low mount seat is tough.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:01 PM
Boffij
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to send you a PM but couldn't figure out this ancient user interface if you could reply there it'd be great.

I bought an '87 coupe (fiberglass top) for track use. I've been running some Lime Rock autocross events, but I have some road course events at the end of Sept and Oct. I now need to wear a helmet. I am 6' (but all my height is in my torso - 30/31" inseam). With the stock seat, I barely fit without a helmet. With a helmet, I have my knees jammed under the dash and I am hunched over and leaned back (not very comfortable or safe).

My plan was to order the fixed back Racequip side-mounted seat and bolt straight through the floor and two 3/16" plates under the floor (one for front bolts and a second for the rear bolts. I ordered the seat two months ago and summit finally updated their arrival time on the back ordered seat from today to DECEMBER.

I read that you have Corbeau seats (shaved bottom) and use their rails. I've also, read people say that same setup makes their seat sit higher, thoughts? Suggestions?

I also need to order stuff asap, so time is of the essence. Thanks in advance

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lightweight racing seats in a c4? what seat? where do I get the brackets?