C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

no spark, no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
wnewman28
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no spark, no start

I have replace the opti spark plugs and wires drove it around for about a day and now I am stuck at a gas station with no spark and it back fires through the intake every 4 to 5 time the engine turns over. any ideas?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Back firing occurs when the spark occurs with an intake valve open so you must have spark but not at the right time. This points to the optispark or the timing chain. A timing light won't help since there is no mark on the front crank pully. See if you have spark from the coil during cranking. If you do, then the opti is suspect.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM
wnewman28
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just change the opti spark. It is only 2 days old. I have power going to it and the coil produces spark to the opti. I don't have communication with the ecu. Do you think that could have anything to do with it not running. I replaced the opti, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. the car ran for a day and then stalled out started once and not starting at all now. But i do have spark at the coil and power to the opti.

Get notified of new replies

To no spark, no start

Quick Reply: no spark, no start