C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Check Engine LIghts help? Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM
bpdfs
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Check Engine LIghts help? Ideas?

Hello all,

So I keep having the Check engine light pop on.. It will pop on after driving a bit, sometimes go off and then come back, sometimes wont come on at all.. Very strange.. I have had it looked at twice and both times they said they found the issue and it went away for a while but keeps coming back.. does anyone have any other ideas? Im tired of taking it in and paying to have them say it is clear and just comes back again, any help would be good..

1993 40th.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:09 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

It sounds like an EGR code. But, hard to tell without the specific code. Find out what code it is throwing and get back to us. The code should be stored for a time even if the SES light is not on.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:36 PM
donbartlett
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been battling a demon in mine also that has to deal with the light also. No codes stored, purely intermittent.

Have a look at my thread and see if it may pertain to you:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...soon-help.html

Hope it helps you out.

Don Bartlett
Old 04-23-2011, 10:08 PM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bpdfs
Hello all,

So I keep having the Check engine light pop on.. It will pop on after driving a bit, sometimes go off and then come back, sometimes wont come on at all.. Very strange.. I have had it looked at twice and both times they said they found the issue and it went away for a while but keeps coming back.. does anyone have any other ideas? Im tired of taking it in and paying to have them say it is clear and just comes back again, any help would be good..

1993 40th.
I'd locate the grounds (1/2 doz or so) Most important bunch is driver side rear of block near filter/ trans bell housing. Clean, tighten them and then check all engine bay elect plugs.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:03 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

The SES light could be any one of a hundred things, most of them very minor. What did they say the issue was when you took it in? Codes? If so what?

Do you have any modifications? Was there any other repairs or work done recently?

How does it run? How does it drive? Any unusual noises? Mis-fires? Hard Starts, hot or cold?

Get notified of new replies

To Check Engine LIghts help? Ideas?

Quick Reply: Check Engine LIghts help? Ideas?